Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, fess up. Who on here works at a bike shop for a living. Don't care where you work, or what brand. But do put what you do there. I'll start.

Hi, my name is Tina, and I work the parts counter at an undisclosed bike shop in Misery, no pun intended. Some days I'm glad to be there, but most days I'm not.

So who's next?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Maynard G. Krebs said it best.. "WORK" the G. stands for walter

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Service Technician at a Solus Kawasaki Dealership in the UK..:cool:

Work on any Bike EXCLUDING chinese of course :eek:

Always glad to be at work cause there Kwaks :biggrin:

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
For three years now. Basic chain maintenance and oil changes.

Oh wait... you said 'for a living'? :lol: :biggrin: :lol:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I used to work at a Honda dealer many years ago....was a fun place to work, maybe again oneday when I want an indoor only job again I will go work at another dealer.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2 main reasons I posted this was to:

1. Find out who shares my joy/misery on a daily basis

2. If you post something the mechanical section, here is a list of people that get paid to this for a living, so take the knowledge they are giving you for FREE, and don't dis them.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
If it's any consolation. At least at the counter the faces and requests change. Everyone brightens the room, some by entering ,others by leaving! I've been known to speak up to idiots in stores because #1 I can't keep my trap shut. #2 because I know store personnel are supposed to be friendly whether they feel it or not.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mean that these are the only people on here that know anything. There are members here that will always be more knowledgeable than those that get paid. Passion teaches things that a school or job cannot.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it's any consolation. At least at the counter the faces and requests change. Everyone brightens the room, some by entering ,others by leaving! I've been known to speak up to idiots in stores because #1 I can't keep my trap shut. #2 because I know store personnel are supposed to be friendly whether they feel it or not.
I have some wonderful customers, and some I wish never to see again. :tongue:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for posting. Hopefully more people will see this, and add to the list.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tina we spend a lot of time in missuri maybe one of these days we can stop and see ya you got truck parking?
You can pull a semi into our lot at work, but if not, there is the TA truckstop at exit 88 (or 89) here is Springfield that we all could meet at. Shop # is 417-874-2000, punch in for parts.

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
Okay A2 - let me get this straight. You are in misery in Misery, and you're looking for others who share the misery? But since misery is a state of mind, or maybe just a town within a state, I would recommend that you just get on your bike and leave Misery and misery behind.

:)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You can pull a semi into our lot at work, but if not, there is the TA truckstop at exit 88 (or 89) here is Springfield that we all could meet at. Shop # is 417-874-2000, punch in for parts.
know exactly where that ta is lol used to work out of springfield. hoping to meet more people on here before the ralley in may. can't wait for that to happen!!! now if i can just stand the bike ride up there lol may be following hubby in a car :shock:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Okay A2 - let me get this straight. You are in misery in Misery, and you're looking for others who share the misery? But since misery is a state of mind, or maybe just a town within a state, I would recommend that you just get on your bike and leave Misery and misery behind.

Wow... I think my head is going to explode :p

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts

Stop it! That's WAY too much for a Monday morning! :shock:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts