Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 silver 636r, (I'm new to riding) I dropped it (yea sucks) anyways I got a red "FI" msg on my display, and wouldn't start. I looked at my manual and it says Fuel injector problem. I noticed when I let it sit, turned it off and back on the error msg went away and let me start. Will this happen everytime I drop my bike, or when the bike is on it's side (not that I'm planning on dropping this again, but curious..

·
Registered
71 Posts
All injected bikes as part of type approval must have a TIP OVER SENSOR fitted as standard..it is designed to shut the motor off if the bike reaches a preset lean angle.
It's housed in a small black box on your bike with a switch in it that is actuated if the bike is leant over a certain angle.. this will reset when the bike is uprighted..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I not sure about your bike but, In my WRX to reset any computer components I have to disconnect the battery, then I wait about a half hour and pump the brakes a few times. This resets everything. Give it a shot on your bike.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
This is your first bike? NICE!!! I am so jealous!!! :p That is my "next" bike.
Bummer you laied it down :cry: .....are you ok?
Becareful out there............but have fun!!! 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm okay, thanks for asking ninja-girl. It happend by going really slow and trying to turn.. I need to get off and push next time..especially going that slow..

·
Registered
182 Posts
wesside said:
I'm okay, thanks for asking ninja-girl. It happend by going really slow and trying to turn.. I need to get off and push next time..especially going that slow..
Don't feel bad about it, I did the same thing about 3 times when I was new too.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
wesside said:
You don't need to get off, you need to practice and keep looking at where you want to go, I'll bet you looked down just before the bike went down, it'll always go where you look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts