Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the Fieldsheer Aviator jackets? I'm trying to find a jacket with a removable liner that's really warm. Leather or textile. Also, do jackets usually run small? I'm 36" in the chest and an extra small cortech is tight. A little too tight for my preference.
I found plenty of post for other fieldsheer jackets but none for the aviator.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Like you, I am also looking for a leather jacket with a zip-out lining to wear this winter. Name brand isn't necesarily important but quality and price are. Most of the ones in the motorcycle shops are name brand and carry a very hefty price tag. Also. different brands are cut differently so they fit differently, which makes mail order more of a challenge.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I run at the track with FS Revo 2pc and around town in Summer sometimes with a Ti Air jacket and gloves. Have never had any problems. As for sizing, it can sometimes run small in the cortech/tourmaster bunch, but FS seems to be right on

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
JT: Do you know how the Fieldsheer compares in quality to Tour Master/Cortech or Joe Rocket or any of the others? By the by, I'm from the N.E. Heights in the Duke City.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My large leather tourmaster was too big, medium cortech textile was fairly close, extra small leather cortech just a little too small. I'm thinking a small but I measure out for an extra small. I want to step away from cortech/tourmaster since I've had several so far and not happy with them for one reason or another.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
JT: Do you know how the Fieldsheer compares in quality to Tour Master/Cortech or Joe Rocket or any of the others? By the by, I'm from the N.E. Heights in the Duke City.
I have the Cortech Drax jacket, and it seems to compare quality wise with my FS Ti Air jacket. Both are made well adn very well thought out jackets.
Leathers, I've never worn anything by Tourmaster/Cortech, so I can't help there

And it's always good to see someone else from NM on the boards, there's so few of us who are computer literate:p I'm still getting used to ABQ, a little too big for my tastes

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Thanks to you and Pidaster for the input about the jackets. Still many questions to be answered. ABQ has gotten to big to be enjoyable, very overbilt. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts