Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, what does everyone think of using a leather bomber jacket for riding? I have always been a military buff and am thinking of buying a plain bomber jacket and covering it with patches? any thoughts? Thanks for the input.:)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
One thing, make sure you have no rank insignia on it where it is worn by active duty troops, as thats a violation of the UCMJ, and you could conceivably get in trouble for it if there is a base around. I've seen some bomber style jackets with armour in them, it might be worth the extra effort and money to get one, especially if it will save your hide.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,I was planning on using mostly vintage patches. I have a buddy in the navy who sent me a blue angels patch, thats what got me started, then I remembered top gun. he he. I just think it might be a breath of fresh air with all the racing gear everyone is wearing. Although safer, it seems to be a bit stale. What is the armour made of in the jackets? Think it could be sewn in with hevy duty thread on a machine?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paintball

How long have you been playing weekend warrior? I used to play every weekend. I still have a spider gun. Its been a couple of years. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
almost a year now, go every sunday to our local park :p I love playing urban style with snow on the ground :). I'm saving money for Oklahoma D-day this summer... trying to find some other riders up in that area :p I'm using a JT 3.5E Excellerator and a 32* PT Xtreme Jr.

On the armor thing... they're CE aproved armour like you would find in most racing gear, they go into pockets made to hold them on the inside, but you can take them out and it will look just like a regualr jacket for when you go out without your bike *gasp* :p I'll try and find the website again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts