Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW!!! That paintjob is awesome.
I´m getting mine painted this winter, a ´05 Nomad, seeing that you obviously know a lot about paint and paintjobs maybe you could advise me about paint choices. I want mine done in black with a thick tint of deep purple or royal blue, I hope you know what I´m trying to say. The type of paintjob where you can´t decide if it´s black or blue when you look at it. Can it be done with pearl or is some other method prefereble? I´ve asked around 2 or 3 paintshops here in Iceland and it seems to me that the guys don´t quite know how to get the job done.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!!! That paintjob is awesome.
I´m getting mine painted this winter, a ´05 Nomad, seeing that you obviously know a lot about paint and paintjobs maybe you could advise me about paint choices. I want mine done in black with a thick tint of deep purple or royal blue, I hope you know what I´m trying to say. The type of paintjob where you can´t decide if it´s black or blue when you look at it. Can it be done with pearl or is some other method prefereble? I´ve asked around 2 or 3 paintshops here in Iceland and it seems to me that the guys don´t quite know how to get the job done.
I'm no expert at painting. As a matter of fact, this was my first time painting a motorcycle. I did a LOT of research and joined a few custom paint forums in order to figure out exactly what I wanted.

For what you are describing, I'd think you should paint it with a black base and than one or two coats of a blue or purple candy mid-coat and then clear on top of everything. If you want a really nice looking paint job, like what your gonna see on custom bike or nice cars, you'll want to make sure you do a tri-stage paint job.

The candy paint is very transparent, and with only one or two coats, it would only be noticeable in the sunlight.

Again, I'm by to means an expert.

Also, Sherwin Williams has a blue ice mid coat that might give you what you are looking for. It's basically a clear mid-coat with blue metallicas.

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
I went over to see Jared's bike today and all I can say is AWESOME! He's done a fantastic job on it and the color is stunning. Love the Nomad in that color!

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
Bike looks great, and the blog is pretty good too, I went to look at the bike and stuck around reading your adventures. I'm jealous I haven't been able to travel like that in a while.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Beautiful, just like your blog!
Envy..
I'm very interested about these cartires and especially your exhaust solution.
If you have any specific questions, ask them on the blog. That way, others who most likely have similar questions can also be enlightened.

You can also follow the blow which will notify you when I make a new write up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.