Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got Pujols?!?! GO CARDS!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found some great riding boots this weekend. Went to PFI in Springfield (a large cowboy western store) and found these.

Ariat Carbide H20 Motorcycle Boots

Tested them out today since the weather is upper 60's and they are great! They have what Ariat calls a "Metal Mount" (the gray rubber strip on the sole) for resting on your highway bars. And they are waterproof and very comforatble, with a gel sole. They do get warm because of the waterproof lining, but stay comfortable while riding.

Anyone else had experience with Ariat or these boots?

Attachments

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Not sure about those. I was concerned about slip on boots due to reading about the fact they can slide off in a spill. Not sure how true just something I read.
I ended up going with the Redwing Motorcycle boot.

Features
• Full grain, water resistant leather
• Side metal zipper for easy on and off
• Goodyear welt construction for durability
• ASTM approved
• Removable footbed for cushion comfort
• $146.00 MSRP (U.S. Dollars)

Steel Toe
Electrical Hazard
Not sure if these are great or not. I do like the zippers on the outside better than the ones on the inside. Keeps from scratching your bike. Should be here in a week. Will post and let ya know.
Gotta say though the boots ya got look great.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Look VERY nice, I'm glad you like them.

Won't work for me.... I don't know why boot/shoe manufacturers only make wide widths. Yes, my feet are, measured by the book an anomaly at 12 AA, but come on guys... My Redwing boots are B width and they work fine. I spent nearly 2 years looking for a pull-on harness boot that would fit.
Other than RedWing, there's one other online source that I found... at $450 :shock:

There are a LOT of people out there with skinny feet who are suffering with ill-fitting shoes and boots, having to stack insoles, and dealing with foot, leg, and back pain because of it.

Okay... rant over :wink:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Not sure about those. I was concerned about slip on boots due to reading about the fact they can slide off in a spill. Not sure how true just something I read.
I ended up going with the Redwing Motorcycle boot.
That is the boot that I bought for a work boot. My boss raised an eyebrow when I submitted the receipt, because they are described as a riding boot, but I pointed out that they are steel toe and electrical-hazard rated... then I showed him that they were the only zip-up boot available in a 12-B.
He paid the invoice.

For riding, my wife bought me the 969 Pull-on for Christmas.
I don't care for the waffle sole for riding, so these were perfect.
Most comfortable boots I've had since I was a kid

As far as them coming off in a crash... that is very common, no matter WHAT boot or shoe you are wearing. Talk to EMT's and they'll tell stories about finding a shoeless victim 50 feet away from his shoes. At the moment of impact, especially if it is unexpected, our body completely relaxes and shoes tend to be left behind.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Ahh ok Good to know Rich about the boots coming off. Oh well should of gotten the pull ons. Heck maybe I will anyways. LOL Use the others for just work. I wear double ee and have trouble finding shoes and boots that fit right. My problem though with pull on boots is I have a high instep. Can't buy mail order have to try on. We have a redwing store near me but the size I needed weren't in stock so they ordered.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
That's my wife.
I ended up getting her a pair of Harley boots that look like pull-ons but have a zipper on the inside.

I razz her about being able to step on her feet, break her arches, and her feet would grow 3". She can step on the cat's tail barefoot and the cat doesn't know it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Redwing Pecos style here, brown, waterproofed, no steel toe, has their supersole. As soon as that wears some, I'm going to have a walking Vibram sole stitched on, great for irregular surfaces and sand, gravel at stops. I have to either go with an ankle height laceup or this Pecos style with the extra wide upper. My calves are the size of a regular guy's thighs so I can't get standard, tall boots on. For a long time, I was wearing lace up hiking boots to ride in, very comfy but hard to keep dry in the rain. These Redwings are worth the dough. Very cool Boots, Theta, thanks for showing them off.
Painless Black Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

2005 Drifter 800

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
...Won't work for me.... I don't know why boot/shoe manufacturers only make wide widths. ...There are a LOT of people out there with skinny feet who are suffering with ill-fitting shoes and boots, having to stack insoles, and dealing with foot, leg, and back pain because of it...

Rich, you might email Viberg and see what they can do for ya -they're hand made and I got a great fitting pair of the 148s

workboot.com & Viberg handcrafted leather boots home page

But they ain't cheap and with internet orders you might bow out :redface:

·
NXT Wax Inhaler
822 Posts
Nice boots!! I'm gonna have to check our local Cavander's for some.

I always wondered about pull-on boots coming off in a crash. But like darkwalker said "I don't mind my boot coming off in a spill as long as my foot still isn't in it!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts