Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been out on the bike since Oct 12th due to travel (and rain). This past Saturday I finally got out again. It felt great. It was in the mid 50's. Very windy so it was chilly at times. It was just a short ride to the local BMW dealer for an open house, to Costco and then to the animal shelter.

Would have loved to have gone for a ride yesterday since it was near 60 but I had committed to myself to get back to the gym (every muscle aches which I guess is good). Then I helped out at the shelter so by the time I got home it was getting dark and I was just exhausted.

Probably the last time I am out until March since I go back to London on Saturday and then it will just be too cold for me.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
Unfortunately, the riding season - in many areas - is rapidly coming to a close. I never winterize mine as there are always days here and there one can ride but it's always spur of the moment... nothing you can plan for.

We have our annual toy run this coming weekend so I hope the weather holds out for us.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow...you must really be out of shape! :lol: :wink:
I am a bit out of shape. It's mostly my arms that hurt. Haven't worked the weight machines in a while.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got to love Texas ,year round riding in most regions.
I love Texas this time of year because of the excellent weather (sometimes).You can leather up and ride to where ever your going in the morning and remove the extra layers in the evening. I think I will go ride. Debbie glad to see that you were able to get out even if it was a short ride.Take care

·
Registered
462 Posts
I also...

got out on the bike for the first time in two months. I had eye surgery, cataract removal, which prevented me from riding. I did about 250 miles with a few buds and now that I have 20-20 vision, it was nice. Butt got sore though. Need to get more saddle time....chris3

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
I got in a ride to work this morning. I took the truck to work yesterday, but the weather cleared up so I stopped home when I went out for lunch and swapped for the bike.

I'm definitely happy to still be riding in December. Of course, it means the weather will probably suck until May next year...

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Last week we had sunny skies but cold temps. Highest temp leaving home on the Bandit was 22 degrees and the lowest temp leaving home for work was 11degrees. Still I "LOVED" every minute of the rides and with the use of layered clothing and full face helmet it was do-able. It's only a 10 mile ride one way so not like I was going cross country in freezing temps. Any longer rides and I would need some heated gear to enjoy the ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts