Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got bike back together after new paint job.if hypercharger will only get here now I will be ready for spring.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
very nice job...bet your a happy camper now

·
Registered
806 Posts
Timr, is that another self done job? Man that looks great and I love the color. I'm thinking the garphics are prebought, applied and clear coated in, right? So with your skill and if you don't mind me asking what is a paint job like that worth, assuming you had to sand, prime and then go at'er.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Very Nice Tim!!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow

Now that's a nice job...you'll be getting some compliments on that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Paint

Looks great Tim, I'd like to see a side shot, Love your idea for the tail lights

·
Registered
548 Posts
Great Job, Tim....

I particularly like the brake light job on the bags. Very cool and smoothed out look. I'll have to pick your brain on that one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flynsouth you are right about the graphics, after the clear dried I sanded them lightly and sprayed it again,,you can just barely feel the edges.

The color will be impossible for me to match because my I mixed to different colors(cimarron Red)& (toriador Red) and added metal flake to get the color.A close friend of mine owns a body shop and gave me a good deal on the paint.it was some he had left from other jobs
The tail lights are exactly like the ones on my ranger boat trailer,the hardest part about them was cutting the holes in the bags.
In mt area a paint job like this usually runs around $600-$700 dollars.
I disassembled the bike myself and done all the sanding and masking as to save on cost.My Friend in the body shop sprayed it for me and I then added the graphics and we sprayed over them..

When the new hypercharger gets here I will be set.

Body shop labor $50.00
Cost of paint ?$50.00
Other supplies $25.00
Graphics $15.00

a good looking bike ..Priceless.

Thanks for all the good compliments.i worked two months getting it just right.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks great, I can tell you were excited about it, really like the tank

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks good. $140 bucks. Wow you got the deal of a life time. Looks good. $600-$700 to paint a bike is as low as the come. Your friend must have bikes lining up at his door.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks great ! I have the exact same hard bag that you have sittin on your back seat. I still think I need saddle bags tho. I HATE not havin somewhere to put stuff

·
Registered
392 Posts
Bike looks great. Good idea with the tail lights.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
best thing about the lights is I can really be seen after dark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts