Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, yesterday I there was a auction at vetesniks and I was going to put it up for auction.
He fired it up and dog food shot out of the exhaust and it was also in the airbox, a mouse built a nest in it.
He said he couldn't sell it on the auction this way so he asked me how much I was planning on selling it for I said $800 so he said he could write me a check for $800 so I said ok, sold him the bike for that and left with a check, now I can put that twoards a new bike this winter/spring.
Glad I finally got rid of it I took a bit of a loss at leasts it's gone.

·
Living Large-down from XL
412 Posts
He's probably the one who stuffed the dog food up the exhaust! Gets a lot of good buys that way...

Glad you sold your machine. What are you planning to buy in the Spring?

Don

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I have pulled out of air boxes. dog food, grain, straw, grass, fuzzy material...

a guy said that the bike has never sat but still had a lot of dog food in the air box. it can't get there without setting for a while, mice can't run that fast.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
mice can't run that fast.
lol!

Must have been a lot of dogfood eh?

A lot of people on other forums are deadset against covering airboxes/large diameter exhaust when storing the bike for the winter and I don't know why. It takes about 10 minutes of your time, including driving to the store for freezer bags and rubber bands.

A friend had mice nest in his airbox and chew up the entire wiring harness of his R6. Not fun to repair.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
lol!

Must have been a lot of dogfood eh?

A lot of people on other forums are deadset against covering airboxes/large diameter exhaust when storing the bike for the winter and I don't know why. It takes about 10 minutes of your time, including driving to the store for freezer bags and rubber bands.

A friend had mice nest in his airbox and chew up the entire wiring harness of his R6. Not fun to repair.
quite a bit in there, good hand full.

I've seen chewed harness too and guess what, it hasn't been sitting either. LOL

you really wouldn't believe the conditions of some bikes that haven't sat for any length of time.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
quite a bit in there, good hand full.

I've seen chewed harness too and guess what, it hasn't been sitting either. LOL

you really wouldn't believe the conditions of some bikes that haven't sat for any length of time.
I have pet rats who will literally nibble at electrical wires without even stopping. It's like a drive by nibble. And they continue to do it even after getting a lift, so I have to make sure there are no wires at all wherever they roam.

It's like the stuff is licorice to them or something.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, since I started college this fall and only working part time , and since I only have about 1400 probably another 200 or so in the next couple months.
Since I commute about 80mi a day round trip I will probably look into a cheap 250 for the next year and a half then sell when I graduate college, but I can imagine after a couple months I will probably want more power, so I don't know, hopefully a good deal comes up on a bigger bike this winter well see.
thanks

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Hi, yesterday I there was a auction at vetesniks and I was going to put it up for auction.
He fired it up and dog food shot out of the exhaust and it was also in the airbox, a mouse built a nest in it.
He said he couldn't sell it on the auction this way so he asked me how much I was planning on selling it for I said $800 so he said he could write me a check for $800 so I said ok, sold him the bike for that and left with a check, now I can put that twoards a new bike this winter/spring.
Glad I finally got rid of it I took a bit of a loss at leasts it's gone.
I look forward to seeing pics of a 6R.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I look forward to seeing pics of a 6R.
I wish, if I had the money
I don't really want to take out a loan for a newer bigger bike, since I am already making car payments, I could if I started working full time in the summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.