Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any place that sells fingerless leather gloves that don't have a large opening on the back of the hand? I love wearing my fingerless gloves, but I'm tired of my hands having a big wierd looking tan spot on the top where the sun comes through like this:

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I just quit wearing mine. mine had holes in the knuckles too. now THAT looked weird!! lol
i just got myself a pair of light leather gloves, cut the fingers off and stitched'm up so they didnt fray apart. well, my wife did the stitching :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Does anyone know of any place that sells fingerless leather gloves that don't have a large opening on the back of the hand? I love wearing my fingerless gloves, but I'm tired of my hands having a big wierd looking tan spot on the top where the sun comes through like this:

Take it to you local artist and he'll Tattoo that tan then it will to match your forearm.

Problem solved

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
By the way, they do call them Fingerless, it might have two meanings. Wear full finger gloves with armor if possible.

I have fingerless ones too, "Do as I say not as ......"

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those would be perfect if they didn't come so far up the wrist. If i would've married a chick that could sew, i'd get those and just modify em.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Got to your local tactor supply, Fleet & Farm feed supply store and look at a pair of work gloves. I use to have a pair that were "roping" gloves. Not real high on the wrist, and all leather and you can whack the finger off where you want them. I never had a pair fray on me. I had probalby 3 pairs or so when I lived out in Oklahoma.
I took a trip last summer in Aug. I had a very simular sun tan/burn. Although I use sunscreen on my arms, nose etc I forgot that part. lol

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lol:

my thoughts entirely. ;)

it's probably easier to not bother wearing gloves and get an even tan, for all the good the fingerless ones'll do ya in an 'off' :)
Granted, if you go down your fingers could get a bit torn up.. but the reason I like at least the fingerless gloves (as opposed to none at all) is that when I'm cruising down the highway and get pegged in the hand/knuckles by a rock thrown up by another vehicle, its nice to have that protective layer of leather to take the brunt of the impact.

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did find a few decent choices at motorcycle-superstore.com:

Fieldsheer Easy Rider Gloves $12.99
Aniline finish goat skin - Double layered and gel padded palm - Velcro fastened neoprene cuff

River Road Carlsbad Gloves $13.99
Gel padding in palm - Carbon fiber-look knuckle pads

River Road Tucson Shorty Gloves $14.99
Perforated leather back - Gel padding in the palm

River Road Pecos Shorty Gloves $10.99
Combination leather and mesh - Stretch fabric between fingers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts