Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Christmas coming up, my wife asked the other day what I wanted for my present. Something for your bike, she says. I told her I had been looking for a solo fender rack, but hadn't found anything that jumped out at my sense of what should be on the bike. The Fire & Steel rack is the seven inch by eleven inch (approx),rectangular. Not a great looking rack, but functional, and about what they used to put on bikes that look like the 1500 Classic looks like years ago.

Does anyone have any experience with the Fire & Steel rack, or suggestions for a better one in this application. I am planning on using my T-Bag Baja on it so it will have to be able to carry some weight. I never look at the back of the bike when I'm riding anyway, so looks are not a major consideration.

Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
I never look at the back of the bike when I'm riding anyway, so looks are not a major consideration.

Thanks in advance, Dave
Looks are not a major consideration? Tsk Tsk, you would never make it as a Harley rider. :D :p :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
"Sure, you can get me some bike bling... How 'bout a new solo rack, so you can't ride with me."

Wonder what she'd like to get for Christmas? Keep us posted!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, ya got me. I'll never be a biker, always be a farmer with a motorcycle. Living five miles from pavement, I will probably never ride a belt drive. I keep looking for an older Harley with chain drive, but don't ride the bike I have now enough to warrent a second bike (if I have a second bike, I'm betting it will be a KLR before a Harley).

Take care, Dave

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tex, I know better to open that can of worms. I just head for the jewelry store first and spread the options after that. LOL! My wife is very generous, and would probably buy me a whole motorcycle if I allowed her to.

Dave

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously, if anyone can shed light on the plusses/minusses of the Fire & Steel rack, please do so.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Luggage Racks.

IMHO the Wompus Rack is the best, for looks and especially for carrying heavy loads on long trips. I have one on my 1500 and have loaded it up with about 50# of STUFF. It uses all three mounting bolts on each side to secure it to the bike. This is an industrial strength luggage rack. Looks good and is designed to carry heavy loads.

check em out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts