Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum so first of all, hi all.

I'm should be getting my first bike fairly soon and at the moment I'm stuck between getting a ZXR 250 or a ZZR 400. I'm a student and would mostly be using the bike to commute between university and home. Other than that the longest ride I'm likely to do is between Joburg and Pretoria (about 70km).

I'm swaying more to the ZZR 400 because of the added power and the fact that although it is my first bike I don't want to out grow it too quickly.

My other consideration is that I'm fairly short, about 5'9.

I live in SA, so any advice from Brett or any of the other South African members would be especially helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I don't think the zzr400 will be too small for you, but I know that the 250 tends to be on the small side of things for taller people.

The 400 cc bike should be fine for you to learn on and grow into.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome man…

The ZZR400 is an ideal first bike – I would not go for the 250 – You’d get bored with it quickly, and my humble opinion is they are higher maintenance. (Not that the 400/600 is low maintenance, ask me… ).

The 400 is a big bike physically (identical to the 600 in every respect), which is also nice.

That is a “D” model, which is the early series – I prefer the “E” model (’93 on), look at my “Pics” to get an idea…

8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts