Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took "Thor" out today and put 115 miles on. Went out with a BMW 1150r and a FJR 1300. Did some highway miles and some twisties, what a bike.
It won't keep up with the other bikes but they wanted to stop and stretch their legs when I could have kept going.

The engine never missed a lick. The thing will cruise at 90 and is rock solid in the turns. Torque was real nice out of the turns. There is a little vibration from the big twin when the RPM's are low but that was to be expected. The nice large windscreen was really nice at high speeds.

I think I got about 35 mpg on the trip, but I was doing a lot of powering out of the turns, and my low fuel light kicked on with one gallon to spare.

The seat was even comfortable. I had a Mustang on my 800B and this seat is just a comfortable.

I am very pleased with the new bike and anyone thinking of getting one should definately consider it.

I just thought I would let you guys know because I was unable to find any riding reviews on the 1600 Nomad before I bought one.

Have a good one.
DJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

its got to be good - its a 1600 :grin:

finally a nomie that can keep up with me!! :p :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
great news on the joyful ride, I just love a happy ending

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
CP.....Cruisin is meant to be enjoyable and your experience on "Thor" re-assures that. Like spok said....ya gotta love a happy ending. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats on the new 05 Nad. I've put almost 10K in 8 months on my 04 Nomad in 04 with no problems.You shall have alot of fun riding on this 2005 Nomad. Kawasaki's increase on the engine size was a nice improvement.

Now if they would only give it a 2000CC engine & a 6 Speed Gear Box we be smokin!!!!

·
37,387 Posts
dfgpilot said:
Now if they would only give it a 2000CC engine & a 6 Speed Gear Box we be smokin!!!!
I'd like to see the V2K chassis used as the platform for a goldwing type big tourer

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
bikeaholic said:

ohhh, i see how its going to be !!

hehe :grin:

·
32,545 Posts
spok said:
I'd like to see the V2K chassis used as the platform for a goldwing type big tourer
now you're talking, just keep it a cruiser though, more like a Valkyrie Interstate than a Goldwing and i would buy one

·
37,387 Posts
ispeed77 said:
now you're talking, just keep it a cruiser though, more like a Valkyrie Interstate than a Goldwing and i would buy one
I agree 77..I meant to put on all the dress up's of a big tourer on a cruiser to get the full cross country package on that hulk of a bike

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
bikeaholic said:

Ispeed77 said:
ohhh, i see how its going to be !!

hehe
Bike just doesn't get it. It's not about the displacement, Torque, horsepower or weight. It's all about the color!!!! ;-) :cool: :lol:

Scott

·
32,545 Posts
Scotty Luv said:
Bike just doesn't get it. It's not about the displacement, Torque, horsepower or weight. It's all about the color!!!! ;-) :cool: :lol:

Scott
well, i guess i gonna hafta learn him !

·
Registered
459 Posts
How about the 2000 motor in the Mean Streak chassis? Think 300 size tire, drag bars & real attitude. Then, if you want to cruise 1000 miles, just pop on the windshield, the modular hard bags that are made to fit on frame-mounted hardware, and you're ready to go. True dual-purpose. Kawasaki can do that right from the factory.
Ride safely.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey guys what's the faster color again? Isn't it Green? Enjoy the Nomad!

·
Registered
229 Posts
BOY O' BOY !!! Here's a new twist to an ago old prejudice that I never thought about before ! HA HA NOW, and here- to- after, race shall not only refer to color, BUT to speed and power. COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL LOL

·
37,387 Posts
ispeed77 said:
as a late entry...I've mentioned this once before but on the topic of mods wanted to the kawasaki line, i'd like to see a baby brother to the 1600 mean streak based off of the 800 chasis and mill...a little sporty meanstreak jr...

·
Registered
409 Posts
The debate may rage for centuries as to what is the fastest color, but everyone knows that silver is the best all-purpose color. Good on speed, comfort, and looks. What's not to like............he,he,he

·
32,545 Posts
spok said:
as a late entry...I've mentioned this once before but on the topic of mods wanted to the kawasaki line, i'd like to see a baby brother to the 1600 mean streak based off of the 800 chasis and mill...a little sporty meanstreak jr...
i think that would be a hit. think of the Honda Shadow Spirit 750, but only a lot better ! i definitely agree with that one.

·
32,545 Posts
oldodge said:
The debate may rage for centuries as to what is the fastest color, but everyone knows that silver is the best all-purpose color. Good on speed, comfort, and looks. What's not to like............he,he,he
ok, here is where i shoot myself in the foot. i am supposed to say that BLACK is the fastest color.....but i just realized that i messed up. after all of this color talk, i am just remembering that my color won't be black for long.

so actually, what i really want to say, is that BLACK is the fastest factory color and is second only to aftermarket BLUEs. yeah, that was my plan all along, hehehe. :grin:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts