Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone remember there first new bike. Maybe I should say, do you remember all your old bikes. As a kid growing up I would always bring home broke down, messed up half missing bikes and get them running again. Raced motto cross for quite some time always on used bikes. All my street bikes were used as well. I had a few that were close to new but until three months ago I never had a new bike. I guess I am amazed that I can't find any rust, missing bolts, or all the other stuff associated with used bikes. It's almost boring as there is no work to be done to fix it up. Guess that gives me more time to ride. So what was your first new bike and what year did you get it. Mine is a little 250 Ninja and I got it in Nov. 07

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heck yah, that's a bike. Man I still remember them little Honda 50s. My grandfather bought one of the first ones in Redondo beach Calif. He road that thing everywhere. I was 15 when they hit the market, my grandfather was about fifty.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda."

My first new bike was a 1974 Yamaha RD350A. My wife picked it out and financed it at her credit union.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man we got some old guys here, LOL. OK maybe not real old. I remember when the 450 hit the market. Man that was the bike to buy. It was fast and soon became a bike to race. Gave the British bikes some competition for sure. The RD350 was one sweet bike. Yamaha did pretty good with that one

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I like to think of myself as "middle-aged," but since I don't know anyone who's 110 years old, I kind of suspect I'm on the downhill side of the mountain.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My first new bike was in 2010 and it was the meanest gsxr 750 ever built and I can wait to see it. If I dont like it though I'll be getting a Ninja unless I got the balls to get a 1000 in which case I wont get a new bike, itll be a k7 gsxr 1000

·
Super Moderator
10,907 Posts
The 1st "real" bike was a Suzi 50. Had 3 gears and front brakes and everything :lol: That was '72 or so as a Christmas present. My 1st real bike purchase was a Yami 650 in '81 when I was stationed in Newport News, VA. For a while it and a Schwinn were the only wheels I had.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I started out on a new bike. Loved it. Just get on, ride. Fast forward a year. 1st bike stolen, now spend my days doing the second rebuild on an old bike.

I want the 1st one back, so I can RIDE! But then I wouldn't have this Frankenbike that is a one of a kind.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
My first bike was a Honda 50cc -I think it was actually called a "Monkey". My friends had mini bikes (the kind with lawn mower engines) and I was frustrated because those were faster even though my parents told me mine was a "real" motorcycle -I was about 9 I think.

·
Registered
533 Posts
in "72" I bought a honda cb750 honda and a "72" Honda AZ600 coupe....(there went my reenlistment bonus) When I went to Europe in "74" the bike went with me... to the autobahn.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
My first was a 1974 Honda XL100. I got it for $20 from an older guy that I had met at church. I rode the crap out of that thing, and finally sold it last year after an idiot friend held it wide open in second down the road and blew it up.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My first was a Yamaha ATC 125 paid $636 out the door sure did have fun on that one. First time I hit a mogul it took me out (ouch) 50mph bike went one way me the other. Thought Id never quit rolling but I finally did picked my self up, looked for my bike, he he! Picked it up straightedned bars and took off again. Have not made that mistake again!

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Honda 50 cub then a whole slug of bikes after.

·
Registered
662 Posts
My first Bran new bike isn't really a bike but a scooter a 06 kymco zx50 sold it and bought the ke100.

·
Registered
209 Posts
German 400cc 1952 Horex-Regina

My first bike was a German 400cc 1952 Horex-Regina that I bought while stationed in France in 1961 for $40.00. It had a right side foot shift 1 up and three down. The kick-starter was on the left side. I rode it for two years and sold it for $125.00 to a French Moto-Cross racer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man you guys are bringing back some found memories to this old rider for sure. Horex Regina? that was before my time LOL. I sure liked to have seen pics of that one. As far as right side foot shifters go, I never could get use to them and I had three British bikes. Every time I got into an emergency situation I would jam on the shifter in a panic to stop, thinking it was the brake. Old British bikes usually required you used both front and back brakes to stop as they were drum brakes. Thank God for disc brakes. Those Kymco's are all over the place here in Prescott. Must be fun little bikes. They sound like they are really winding out.

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
My first official bike was an '03 Vulcan 500 LTD. Got it about four years. Prior to that, I was an Others rider... as in annoyed friends asking if I could ride their ride. ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts