Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
At home wherever I land
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the 800 bobber project finished about a week ago, and actually got the chance to take a real ride with my ever-reliable riding buddy. I got some good looks from the people that can't figure out what I'm riding, along side my friend's Royal Enfield. The Estancia Basin was absolutely beautiful this afternoon. 160 miles slipped by, and before I knew it I was home again. After 160 miles at 60 mph, however, I have realized one thing. I cannot continue to wear my half helmet without goggles, and the combination of a headwind and the setting sun in your eyes is brutal.

All that aside, I'm going to have to plan one of these every other week or so. The new seat feels great, and the new handlebar position is long-distance friendly, allows for quick maneuvering in the twisties, and I can really get close to the tank if I want that extra speed. A winter well spent as far as I can tell.

Thanks for reading.
Andy (photos to come, friend had a film camera)

·
Kaw-Boy Bee-Bop
25 Posts
Sounds like you had quite a ride. I took mine out today as well, just a quick trip around Bernalillo and Rio Rancho before coming back home to Albuquerque. Hope to see you one the road.

·
At home wherever I land
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hop so too. This state definitely has some great deserted backroads to explore, and I hope to find many this summer. Also, V2K Rod, I like the Cowboy Bebop tagline!

Andy

·
08 Vulcan 900
98 Posts
:worthless:
:-D :-D :-D

Some had to do it!! I took mine out last Thursday for about 100 miles or so, it was perfect riding weather! It was sad to have to put her back up.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Andy - How long have you been in the Albuquerque area? Wife and I like to get out once in a while. Been in NM since '95 and know some roads. Usually ride alone, mostly relaxed rides but don't mind getting in the twisties. Let me know if you want company sometime.

·
At home wherever I land
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been here since 2003, but only riding since 2008, so I'm not well versed on the really good rides except for what my more experienced friends have done. I'll post up a teaser when I'm getting ready for another ride, and yes, I know, no pics is just not nice. I'll post a pic of my sunburned hands though :).

Andy

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Glad to see some riders from here! There are a lot of beautiful areas in the NE of NM. Angel Fire, Taos, four corners in the NW. Waiting for time to go myself. Maybe we'll pass one another.

·
At home wherever I land
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope so, I like to see that I'm not the only one out. I have plans to make a Red River/Taos run this summer at some point.

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
YES! As we are also. Awaiting the start of the rally season in May! I believe there are 5 rallies in NM.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Enchanted Circle is a nice ride but I usually stay away from rallies. Couple of rides close to Albuquerque that I use for spring tuneups are Highway 14 through Madrid and I think it's 336, south of Tijeras through Mountainair.

·
At home wherever I land
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got the photos, yeah there are only 2 but I like them. From Mountainair, NM

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts