Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you riders out there!!! Mahalo(thank you) for all of the input about my sore okole...does the 1500 windscreen fit the 1600? What about seats?Am I limited to only the ones made for the 1600? Will the 1500 seats fit the 1600?Also,what is a good quality motor/gear oil for my first change?Any tips about doing the changing of these lubricates?I dont have a shop manual yet so where do I look for the drain plugs?? Hope somebody can help!!Anyway,everyone have a safe and nice Labor Day weekend.. ALOHA LOU

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I just did my second oil change today (1st for me 2nd for the bike). First of all- the oil filter has had a recall done on it so look at yours first to make sure they give you the right one. As far as oil goes, I just went with Kaw 10w-40, probably the same thing the dealer would use.

I took the oil filter off and the adaptor came off with it. The adaptor is supposed to be torqued to 80 ft/lbs and filter 40 ft/lbs, but mine came off attached to the filter. Needless to say I couldn't get the adaptor off so I had to take the filter to the dealership and have them open it up and change the cartridge for me. They didn't charge me. The bike took nearly a gallon of oil.

The dealer was charging $39 for an oil change, and I spent $38 on oil/filter plus a bottle of plexus, so I'll just let them change it next time.

The drain plug was 17mm and the filter was 19mm I beleive. Just look under your bike- you'll see them.

Phatboy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts