Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick today and the doctor ordered that I clear my head. Well, its cold but the sun is out and the roads are mostly dry. Whats a guy to do? I made 100 miles just tooling around and enjoyed every one of them.

here's the photo proof of my ride, taken with my phone so quality isn't the best and the snow capped peaks in the distance are washed out

I'm cold and going to take a shower but I feel much better now

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Must be nice!! We are under snow and its freezing rain right now. Oh well, I can't legally ride until March 1st when my insurance comes off storage.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[email protected] I don't see a time/date stamp on that pic, you could'a taken that back in July. ;-)
in July, the trees in the pic would have leaves....

...and the peaks in the distance are devoid of snow

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Ya know, I thought about riding to work tomorrow since the rain has stopped, but it's only supposed to be 10 in the a.m. when I head in and I have ne heated gear.

Maybe soon.

Good on ya, Spok!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
been riding on and off in 40ish but not snow or rain!

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Good on ya Dave!

Looked at the bikes this morning, but still have 6" of packed ice in the driveway and haven't found a distributer for a single cable chain to fit my back tire yet :(

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here's my New Year ride,

Arriving in Hesperia on Thursday about 12:30, I washed the Nomad and took it to get some gas, and go for a little putt to warm it up and charge the battery. Beautiful clear, cool weather, about 55 degrees.
On Friday, we took a little ride. My BIL Chris with my nephew Daniel on the back, me with my sister, who wanted to try out a more cushy riding experience than the BMW dual-sport Chris rides. We took a loop up to Silverwood Lake, then back to the house on the curvy hill roads, about an hour and a half ride. Chris says it looks like a cruising bike is in his future. Later that afternoon, Chris and I did the debaffle procedure on my Nomad. I love the way it sounds now; a low throaty rumble, not too loud. Had to do a few ride-bys to check the sound, right?
Saturday was the day: left the house in Hesperia about 10:30 and headed for Crestline, in the San Berdoo Mtns, dressed for the cold. Great conditions, no traffic. Long fast sweepers in the foothills, then over the summit, down to the Rim of the World, where it was much warmer, and the traffic much heavier with day-trippers looking for snow. The first pic is from near Running Springs, looking southwest. You can see Catalina Island, a distance of over 90 miles. We turned off at the 330 and headed down the mountain. Traffic coming up was bumper-to-bumper, and going down was even heavy, but moving. Had to get gas and shed a layer in Redlands, where it was 80 degrees and sunny. Jumped on the 10 East, to the Morongo Valley exit, up the valley, to Pioneertown. Had a brew at the biker hangout, which was packed. Pic is me on the Nomad, that’s Chris’ Beemer on the left, the desert behind us. We scorched the two-lanes of Yucca Valley and Johnson Valley back to Hesperia. 211 miles, got home just at dark. Pipes sounded great, bike ran great, a great ride all together.

Attachments

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
But then he'd have to go dark side on the front as well... :tongue:
It sure wouldn't be fun having that heavy critter on its side after the front tire went out from under it :eek: :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts