Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Enjoying Warmer Weather
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my first ride in the dark last night after installing my Show Chrome Lightbar. Those 55w bulbs really put out some light. It came with an on/off switch to install. I rode with them off and on, back and forth. I feel so much safer now. I can see everything!...well, almost.:-D Great investment. I like the fact that the spotlights are independent from my headlight high/low beam. Next up...scootworks pulley!

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Lightbars are great at night....especially out in the country.
I don't think I'll ever want to ride without mine.Next bike I get will have a lightbar too.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Hey Refugio, What kind of bar do you have? I like it!
It's a Cobra Light Bar....Bought it on E-Bay.
Paid $199.99 I think.

It came with 25watt bulbs in it but I replaced the bulbs with 55watt before I even installed it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I just installed mine on my V2k I have not riden at night, but soon see how well it is next tuesday.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
It's a Cobra Light Bar....Bought it on E-Bay.
Paid $199.99 I think.

It came with 25watt bulbs in it but I replaced the bulbs with 55watt before I even installed it.
what bulbs did you use? I just put the Cobra lightbar on my 2000, and I want to do the same upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
what bulbs did you use? I just put the Cobra lightbar on my 2000, and I want to do the same upgrade.

I use these bulbs....Wagner BP1255/H3.
NAPA usually carries this bulb...or any autoparts store that carries Wagner bulbs.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I put the same Cobra light bar on my 900LT in the spring. I would never want to be with out it. I used to have cagers that didn't see me before I put it on. Now they blink their high beams at me, because they think that I have mine on.
I'd rather they see me and blink than not see me at all.

D

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Well done on the light bar. It really lights up the road in front of you. I also have a light bar from Cobra and I decided to stick with the 25W bulbs. With your 55W bulbs, I can just imagine how bright that would be.

Congrats and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well done on the light bar. It really lights up the road in front of you. I also have a light bar from Cobra and I decided to stick with the 25W bulbs. With your 55W bulbs, I can just imagine how bright that would be.

Congrats and ride safe.
Ditto on the brightness. I went 35 watt bulbs, because I got enough attention with 25, I didn't want to deal cager road rage.

D

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I got stranded a couple of times when my battery went completely dead after upgrading my lightbar to 55 watt bulbs. I put the 25 watt bulbs back in which are plenty bright enough for me and I also bought a Kuryakyn L.E.D. Battery Gauge to keep an eye on the battery condition. Getting stranded in the boonies with a dead battery sucks.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
I bought the Cobra LB back before my Memphis Fats. I had to take off the two lights to keep the fats on. One of these days I will figure a way to get the lights back on the bar and keep the fats on the bike.

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
I have the Kawi lightbar that I installed on mine. I have the lights slightly turned to the sides to see the critters at night. I tried to keep the beams pointed low so as not to have any altercations with cagers. I love the lightbar, I couldn't see jack crap with the low beams. I drive 8 miles through a very wooded area with lots of deer and hogs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts