Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke the bike up out of hibernation today and went for my first ride since late Nov. Low 40's, but had to try out the new Grasshopper backrest that showed up today. Plus it's supposed to get into the 50's by Sat.

I stored it in the garage, up on the jack, minus battery, and covered. Also with fresh oil and filter,plugs, and fogging oil. She fired right up and I gotta" tell 'ya, what a sweet, sweet sound when you haven't heard it for over 3 mos.

Went for only an 18 mi. ride but already loving the backrest. Had to be extra careful, alot of sand and salt on the roads, and still have snow on the ground, but seeing more ground than snow, FINALLY! Fingers were froze, but couldn't wipe the grin off my face!

Supposed to be upper 40's tomorrow, and 50's Sat. YAHOO!!!!

Grasshopper backrests for only a hundred bucks are well worth the money. Great product, looks OEM, and is the same angle as my Jardine sissybar. Couldn't be happier. :mrgreen:

Ride safe everybody...for us northerners, spring is almost sprung!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Congrats on getting the bike out. I know the feeling. I got mine out yesterday and took a short ride. Plan on riding to work the next few days .. suppose to be in the upper 40s here.

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yep, have had the fever real bad. Your weather's right in line with ours most of the time. Enjoy riding to work, just forget about the work part :)

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry no pics....here's the Grasshopper backrest....

·
V2K Classic
242 Posts
I live in east TN so I don't know how that is, not being able to ride all winter. The longest I had to go this past winter without riding was about 3 weeks when we had some nasty cold below freezing all day every day weather.

I have ridden at least 6 days this past two weeks and have a nice long ride planned for this Saturday. Mornings are still cold in the 20's frequently but it has been warming up nice in the afternoons.

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've actually thought about moving to TN. It's a nice balance between too hot and too cold. Love the 'Smokies" ! Lived down in the Houston area from 80-'90 but got tired of the roller coaster job market, and the humidity.
Missed the hills and hollers too. Guess there's good and bad wherever you're at.

Good looking V2K you got there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts