Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, my buddy was over at my house the other day and ran across a geo goped I had picked up couple weeks ago on craigslist to turn some money on. He began to ask if I was interested in a trade. I love to barter. I just asked what you want to barter it for.

Well today I picked up my first kawasaki... Its the first atv I have owned in like 7 years. I have always had honda's......prob get shot down for saying that word around here..haha... I had $40 in the goped. So I guess its not to bad.

Here is acouple shots of the bike. Needs alot of work. But She has spark, and the starter is good. But the I cannot figure out why the nuetral light is not turning on for. It did for a second and then stopped. I'm thinking a relay is bad. Any Idea's until I order my service manual? Also tomorrow I will check compression, What range should it be?

Are these 2 wire not supposed to be hooked up?

Also, I went to the kawasaki default frame page with my vin but it said it couldnt find it. Any of you have an idea? 93?

Thanks Ryan.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Ryan, go to Kawasaki.com in the "update customer info" menu, and register your Bayou it will return with the model and year of manufacture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt get a title so I guess thats out of the question their. I guess I'll just get a manual and go from there. I just dont understand acouple things like the key switch has 4 wires? whats the other 2 for? And I have to ground the green wire going into the relay for the neutral light to come on, but when I hit the ignition the light will go out and will not work for like 20 minutes...Going tomorrow to look for a manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts