Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smile: All you guys up north don't take it to bad. Spring ain't to far off. I was riding around in the work van today, and I always see every bike on the road. "gotta check out the wheels." Anyway today I saw alot. I couldn't wait to get home. Get home I did. First thing I did was get my key and go. Beautiful day. 80 degree weather, light wind, little clouds. It couldn't be better. Perfect day for a ride. Looks like the weekend is going to be nice as well. All the way into the new year. "Guess what I'll be doing?" Didn't mean to rub it in to my friends up north, but I luv FLA.:smile:

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Weather wasn't quite that good here. About 48 F, and a little foggy this morning. Now all that has burned off and nice and sunny. Still about 55 F but I had a good ride in this morning and it should be nice when I head home.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
:smile: All you guys up north don't take it to bad. Spring ain't to far off. I was riding around in the work van today, and I always see every bike on the road. "gotta check out the wheels." Anyway today I saw alot. I couldn't wait to get home. Get home I did. First thing I did was get my key and go. Beautiful day. 80 degree weather, light wind, little clouds. It couldn't be better. Perfect day for a ride. Looks like the weekend is going to be nice as well. All the way into the new year. "Guess what I'll be doing?" Didn't mean to rub it in to my friends up north, but I luv FLA.:smile:
Just wait until hurricane season!! :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love it here,love the weather especially on days like today,may not feel that way in a couple of days when it hits 32 degrees here in Orlando.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Just wait until hurricane season!! :eek:

Yes, there are drawbacks to living in FL - the heat and humidity in the summer can be down right brutal and, as you point out, we do get the occasional bad storm - but there are enough positives that I think I'll stay.

Here are a couple of examples for comparison. ;)

Boating in MN in December

Boating in FL in December

Any Questions ?? 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
smokey_243
105 Posts
Might get to ride tomorrow as the snow has melted off today. If the dirt road I live on isnt too soft we'll be off to the blacktop and some fine riding in northern AR.

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
To each their own of course but IMHO you can keep your Florida weather. It gets hot enough in NC in the summer time, I'll trade a few riding days in the winter for some (slightly) more tame summer weather. I've gotten 5 or 6 rides in during the last month or so, which is ok by me ;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
It was in the 70's here today and tommorrow, going for a ride on Monday with Friends that will be fun.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well it was 45 today in Rhode Island.. sunny, but we still had snow on the ground. I did get a chance to warm the bike up in the shed.. Boy I cant wait till spring...

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Been in FL and the summer rides suck when its so hot ya can hardly put your boots on the street at a stop. When the storms come and the wind blows everything except the pavement off the road. All places have their drawbacks...great day to ride too work here in PA Monday...xcept for the one intersection that was ice coated...sliding is no fun!

Bugs are all over...Love Bugs in June and September in FL will ruin paint and if ya accidently swallow a pair (they fly while makin whoopee) they'll give ya the worst heartburn! Don't ask how I know! I have hit a cloud of nats in NJ and when I came home thousands of em fell out of my clothes!

Up north the deer are a big road hazzard...in florida the same old people who can't walk to the mailbox think they can wheel a big Cadoo or Mercury Monarch all over at 1/2 the speed limit and through cataract clouded vision.

Hazzards all over...everywhere has its plus and minuses. I am missing Florida riding now cause the Thunder by the Bay is gettin set too happen:cry: ! I love riding up here in the fall..the change of leaves, first cool days makes for a great ride:-D . florida summers suck, the winters are great! Summers in FL where its to hot to wear jeans...let alone protective gear!

All kinds of places make for all kinds of fun and adventure..what sucks is I gotta work and don't have enough time too ride!:wink:

·
Registered
96 Posts
18 month's and 17,000 mile and I very rarely get to ride except or work and back (32 miles round trip) = 12,480 miles. Once agin I'll "suffer" thru the hot and cold times here in Bradenton, Fl. I guess that none of us are ever truly satisfied, I grew up here and wish I was I was in San Antonio or Austin TX (love the Hill Country)

Ride Safe & Ride When You Can
Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
-12C (10F) here today and snowing. The V2K is tucked away in the front of the garage sitting on its jack. Seafoam in the tank and the battery tender working away.
I've got the flu; can't remember when I've been this sick. Maybe when I was around 20 and had mono. Should have got the flu shot this year. So am I jealous of you guys down south? Yea!!!!
Oh well, in two weeks it will be the motorcycle show; that's aways fun and interesting. Another two weeks after that we're going to Mexico for 2 weeks. After that it should be downhill to riding season.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Nice place to visit but!

I dunno dude. Its beautiful there but we don't get to many twisters down here. At least not anywhere near what you guys get. Haven't had a big one here since 1912. I am a little green with envy though so don't mind me. ( only 2 or 3 more months and i'll be on the road. Sigh :(

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Ride

Cloudy yesterday morning and now it is raining tonight. Saturday's forecast looks a lot better. I think I'll be riding in the afternoon with temps in the high 40's. :cool:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Speaking as someone who was born in Florida (Jacksonville) and lived there 27 years......I suspect you are a wee bit too enthusiastic about my beautiful home state. I rode a motorcycle there beginning when I was 12 years old (1952) and spent most of my riding miles covered in bugs or rain. In fact, my high school and college buddies called me "wethead" for all the days I sat in class soaked to the skin after riding my Triumphs to school each day. No offense meant ( truly !!)...but I have since explored much of the USA and find lots of other places that are 10x better for riding dry and bug-free.

Come ride in my Sierra Nevada mountains or the nearby Pacific coastline and let me show you some stunning scenery, magnificant Redwoods and unbelievable places on the sweet earth of ours... OK ?

Don't get me wrong...Florida will always be my home...but you could not get me to move back there with a shotgun held to my back...<grin>

Slots

·
Drink Plenty of Water
784 Posts
I guess I have some of the best of both worlds living in Alabama. The weather is not too bad to ride in winter and still have plenty of hills to ride and good scenery. However I would definately like to take a trip out west sometime. Colorado, Montana, Oregan coastline, the list could go on and on.

Hope I get to do it someday!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts