Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Independent M/C Shop
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the float level height specs for a (circa 2005?) Bayou 250 with Mikuni VM24SS carburetor? One of my customers dropped off his atv this afternoon and I don't have a manual for that model. I have a float level gauge - but no specs. If anyone has a book and can check it for me - I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Use clear tubing attached to the bowl drain, lift it up and turn on the fuel. The level should be a mm or so below the bowl gasket.

Kawasaki sells a gauge with the replacement needle and float. But, the clear tube works the best.

·
Independent M/C Shop
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding and at least making an effort RCW, but your info was not what I asked. I've been a professional M/C mechanic, service manager & engineer for over 40 years and I've pretty much figured out how to set float levels at this point (and I have a float level gauge and it's at least 40 years old - don't have to buy another one). All I wanted to know is what the factory specification is - that's all - nothing else. I'm hoping someone has a book with the specs to save me the trouble and expense of buying one. BTW - I took the serial numbers off the bike and checked them against the Kawasaki web site, and this Bayou 250 is a 2003 model. If anyone does in fact have a book handy - I'd appreciate knowing what the factory spec says for the float level. Don't need any other instructions or information. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.