Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several thousand miles of riding I finally realized what I didn't like about the drivers floorboards on my Nomad; they slope down away from the bike making my legs bow out and I've had to make a exerted effort to keep my boots planted firmly down, otherwise they kept sliding towards the outside.

I don't know if that has bothered others,but I didn't like it so to solve the problem I cut four washers in half and used them as wedges between the floorboards and their mounts at the two places where each floorboard rests on the rubber strips under the bottom of the boards.

I simply slid two under each floorboard and super glued them down with medium superglue. This brings the boards up to a horizontal plane and now they are very comfortable and my boots stay flat on the boards without me constantly having to reposition them. And yes, I had that problem with two pairs of Harley boots and a pair purchased from Wal-Mart. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I was just about getting some floorboards.
What's better, with only the rubber mat or the luxe version?

Highway Hawk Motorcycle parts
If you're asking me, I'm not sure what your question is? Are you thinking about replacing your floorboards with those from the Nomad? :confused:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Actually not about brand.
I don't have floorboards at all, but i'm about to get them.
It's just about what type is best.
I saw them at that link of HH for a VN800.
There is the ones with just a rubber mat and the ones (deluxe) with rubber inlay with metal or something.
Mayve people have experience with them (the sliding problem)

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I have a Nomad 1600 and the floor boards don't tilt or slant outward, at least not that I have noticed. Are both sides like that? Could it be your sitting position (my answer to almost everything)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Nomad 1600 and the floor boards don't tilt or slant outward, at least not that I have noticed. Are both sides like that? Could it be your sitting position (my answer to almost everything)
My 1600 Nomad (2005) didn't have slanting floorboards either, but the 1700's are different and have a "cushiony" rubber insulated pad top and bottom that contributes to the lean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.