Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a bike on Ebay that had it, and I liked it. I haven't seen it on many bikes, but maybe I just have bad taste :biggrin: I looked on the net, and for a pair irt would cost me app. $70.00 to $75.00 to have them shipped to me. I decided to go to a saddlery shop, buy my leather & studs, and try to make them myself. Well, I have about $25.00 into the pair, and I think they will be keepers on my 1500. Here are a couple pics......

WOOPS, PICS WERE TO LARGE, I WILL TRY TO SHRINK THEM

1st is a before pic....

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try again.. (floorboard fringe with studs) pics

I had to get rid of some attachments to make space.
1st pic is a before, and is followed by 2 finished ones. I know floorboard fringe isn't for everybody, but I think I like it and will keep it. Besides, kinda nice when you make your own :wink: Hope these worked..

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I will look for the sissors

:lol: Was alot of work, but the more I look at it, the more I feel I will just retire it from the floorboards. I will probally cut it off and leave the studding around the floor/b's. I like the studding alot, but just can't get into the fringe.
Oh well, gave it a try anyways :wink: Even the wife told me she loves the stud work on it, but doesn't care for the fringe. SO the fringe goes!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think the fringe is cool...only suggestion might be to add more, as most bikes w/fringe have some around the seat, bags, etc...retro styled bikes are cool!

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Do the studs go "through" the floor boards or are they wrapped around on a piece of leather ?
Oh and yes, lose the fringe, it truly does look like a sidewalk sweeper. I love the studs there though. If not to complicated, I'd like to stud my 4 floor boards. Also, where did you get that rear luggage bag ? I've been searching all of the Internet to find one exactly like that. Looks great back there.
I also love you're fender rails. That is something that is definitely on my wish list.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
:lol: Was alot of work, but the more I look at it, the more I feel I will just retire it from the floorboards. I will probally cut it off and leave the studding around the floor/b's. I like the studding alot, but just can't get into the fringe.
Oh well, gave it a try anyways :wink: Even the wife told me she loves the stud work on it, but doesn't care for the fringe. SO the fringe goes!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, my friend.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I just love to see the different mods people do. Even if you lose the fringe ya still have the pics.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Interesting. Not my style, but it looks like you did a nice job.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Now Cheri's bike would look good with fringed boards, as she has fringed levers and a fringed jacket, so an overall theme carries out. I think only fringed boards are what gives you the street sweeper look.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Now Cheri's bike would look good with fringed boards, as she has fringed levers and a fringed jacket, so an overall theme carries out. I think only fringed boards are what gives you the street sweeper look.
It's funny you say that.....I asked Chaz about getting the fringed floorboard covers AND mud flaps!!!!! I was afraid to say it in here because I thought everybody would blast me.....but I have a fringed theme on my bike!!!

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
At first glance, I thought the thread was about a Floorboard "Fridge".

I was thinking to myself, now that's pretty handy. Just the thing to keep my seafoam cold on the road. ;-)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
CheriAnn, put some fringe on that licence plate bottom, or make a leather plate frame with fringe hanging near the ground. I think that would look hot on your bike with your jacket & chaps

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
At first glance, I thought the thread was about a Floorboard "Fridge".

I was thinking to myself, now that's pretty handy. Just the thing to keep my seafoam cold on the road. ;-)
Hummm... 12V fridge.... My next mod?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts