Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could have already been tackled previously, however I need some help as to whether the floorboards could possibly be moved outwards especially the one on the right hand side. I have just installed the kuryakyn pro hypercharger and the inside of my knee is resting on the hyprcharger. Is their any possible way of moving the floorboard outwards even by at least around an inch? :confused:

·
Registered
789 Posts
If you move the boards out, which I'd have to go out to my really cold garage to look at mine and see if it's possible, the first thing I think about is you will reduce the amount of lean you'll get as the boards will scrape sooner.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you move the boards out, which I'd have to go out to my really cold garage to look at mine and see if it's possible, the first thing I think about is you will reduce the amount of lean you'll get as the boards will scrape sooner.
I trust that the reduced lean will result, however I do not know if it is possible to move the floorboard slightly out and a bit higher so that the floorboards won't scrape when leaning.

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
they make extenstions for the floorboards that go on the outside edge to rest you heel/foot on.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to fit the Pro-hypercharger of Kuryakyn with the thunder adapter and it looks awesome. It does jut out from the gas tank quite a bit so I moved the floorboards by adding a 1/2 - 3/4 inch spacer. This mod has solved the issue of the extra width of the hypercharger and I felt quite comfortable riding the bike. I dynoed the bike this afternoon and I got approx. a 10% increase in bhp as well as quite an improvement in torque. Incidentally I also have the DG HardKrome Stripper exhausts to which I have also added the Highway Hawk baffles as the strippers were too loud and the Dynojet Power Commander III USB.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Kawa 900, Glad to hear you solved your problem. Looks like you have plenty of go now!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Kawa, where'd you get the spacers from and did you need to buy longer bolts and if so, where there?

I'm guessing big box store, but I'd like to know for sure.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr.Clean, I used the same bolts as they are adequate. With regards to the spacers I had two cylindrical pipes of around 1/2inch in length and they were perfect for the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts