Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Voyager's FM is not working but the AM & tape deck do. Anyone (knowledgeable on the topic) experience this?

I traced all the wires and cables so I know nothing is shorted or crossed. You think it could be time for a new radio?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you check the FM antenna cable and make sure it is not broken or disconnected? AM will work fine without the FM antenna.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remote connector plugs into a fuse receptacle (fuse is good) and then to the radio. Intercom is done in the same fasion. Fuses checked and connectivity looked good.

FM switches over via both but continuously searches for a channel...never stopping. When I can manually stop it, I get no background noise...no noise at all. I thought it might have been an antenae problem at first and followed the wires from the antenae to the radio..but am (which used the same antenae) works fine.

Didn't take apart the wiring/cable sheath to see if I have a break in it though. Is there an easier way to test it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hmmmmm Boy. This is a call to your local radio shop. I mean real radio fix it shop..... If you can't find one by word of mouth, ask your local PD who they use to service their squad radios.

If you have a ohm meter, you could check for continuity. It should have some. AS for acceptable resitance???? Ask a radio tech. Those wire and antennas can go bad over time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts