Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats goin on. Kinda inherited this bike and i need some help with it and figured what better place? Its a 1000LTD. Late 70's model i beleive but have no clue. Can't find anything. I found a VIN but it isnt 17 digits so i dont know what to do. The VIN is KZT000E034369. It needs the carbs clean and a new gas tank and it should be ready to go. Guy rode it before and parked it. Sais the carbs need to be cleaned. Oh well. Looks like somethin to ride around on. I've wanted a bike forever and now i got one. I'm 19 and live in TN, names Brendan. I'm new to the whole bike thing. I'm really into muscle cars, restored a Nova that i drive. I am in the dark about the mechanical side of bikes. I'm glad i found the place and i'm lookin forward to meeting everyone :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome streetsleeper :wink:

glad to have another motorhead on board! killer kz bike,good luck on the resto :D
what generation nova do you have?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like you have it made, both with a nice bike and a nice car. I am actually more of a mopar man myself bu ti would still take a Nova
Anyway welcome! 8)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for the welcomes. I'm just gettin into the bike thing, might be gettin out of the car thing for a little while. That thing is a money pit. Gotta pay if you wanna play and im tired of playin :lol: I think im fixin to get another 4 wheeler. I just got rid of one and im freakin addicted to em. But about this bike, can anyone tell me about it. I'm totally in the dark about the bike. Reliable, comfortable to ride? Anything you can tell me about it i'd appreciate. It's a 4th gen Nova :( Not desirable. And on top of that its a 4 door. But thats what makes it a sleeper :twisted: It'll get out of its own way. But anyways, nice to meet you guys.

·
Registered
456 Posts
StreetSleeper said:
I've wanted a bike forever and now i got one. I'm 19 . . .
Okay, just how long is forever?

StreetSleeper said:
. . . restored a Nova that i drive. I am in the dark about the mechanical side of bikes.
If you can restore a Nova, you're in good shape mechanically already. The basics are the same for cars and bikes. You'll be fine. Get a good manual, good tools, and start wrenchin'!

Back in the 70's the Nova didn't sell well in Mexico. "No va" in Spanish means "it doesn't go!"
Curt

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

thay changed that curt - now in spanish "it doesn't go" is pronounced mustang :twisted:

sleeper the KZ bikes were all the rage in their day,the 900 and 1000 dominated the streets
for awhile- they are great bikes imo.in fact if i ever stop spending money long enough
i want KZ police bike to fool with for next toy :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts