Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a chance and bought an air filter for a harley and the thunder air adapter for the 900 and low and behold the filter fits... :-D

I bought this one...
V-CHARGER Velocity Scoop Air Cleaner for Harley w/ Stock CV: 80-6493v2 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles

but other harley ones will work with the adapter!

S&S Super E and CV carb aircleaners I believe...

here's other ones that I had my eye on
Chrome Flame Tear Drop Air Cleaner w/ filter for Harley w/ Stock CV Carb: DC 34-0511 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles
Chrome BILLET Sweeper CV Air Cleaner for 1982-up Harley Big Twin Sportster: DC 34-0668 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles
Chrome Smooth CV Air Cleaner for Harley Big Twin Sportster: 34-1095 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles

I just happened to order mine from Debrix but I'm sure any off of ebay will work as long as it has the hole with 3 bolt holes around it. This will give you so many more options to replace the lame stock 900 aircleaner.
Hope this takes off and everyone can enjoy a new airfilter that isn't limited to the hypercharger. :smile:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thanks bigdaddyeo, I don't care for the looks of the hypercharger but I could see switching out for one of the ones you listed.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
So I took a chance and bought an air filter for a harley and the thunder air adapter for the 900 and low and behold the filter fits... :-D

I bought this one...
V-CHARGER Velocity Scoop Air Cleaner for Harley w/ Stock CV: 80-6493v2 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles

but other harley ones will work with the adapter!

S&S Super E and CV carb aircleaners I believe...

here's other ones that I had my eye on
Chrome Flame Tear Drop Air Cleaner w/ filter for Harley w/ Stock CV Carb: DC 34-0511 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles
Chrome BILLET Sweeper CV Air Cleaner for 1982-up Harley Big Twin Sportster: DC 34-0668 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles
Chrome Smooth CV Air Cleaner for Harley Big Twin Sportster: 34-1095 Debrix Cycles- Parts for your Harley & Custom Motorcycles

I just happened to order mine from Debrix but I'm sure any off of ebay will work as long as it has the hole with 3 bolt holes around it. This will give you so many more options to replace the lame stock 900 aircleaner.
Hope this takes off and everyone can enjoy a new airfilter that isn't limited to the hypercharger. :smile:
Hey man, when you get it installed can you post a pic?

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed it as soon as I saw it arrived! lol
I took some pics but I don't think they turned out very well with the darkness and the flash... I'll review the pics and see if any turned out decent enough to post... Give me a lil bit...

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Looks pretty darn good man. I like it and some of the others you posted the links for. Nice to know that we have more options now.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Well for the cheapness of the darn thing, you could swap around from time to time. Did you have any increase in performance? Have you put an FI modual on? Do birds REALLY fly south in the fall and north in the spring or do they just take the train? Things I really want to know.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
By the way, ADD IT TO THE STICKY LIST!!!!!!

Good job.

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well for the cheapness of the darn thing, you could swap around from time to time. Did you have any increase in performance? Have you put an FI modual on? Do birds REALLY fly south in the fall and north in the spring or do they just take the train? Things I really want to know.
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride :icon_frow
I'm in Vancouver and it's ugly out. Snow yesterday morning followed by rain and now snow again this morning. I'm gonna have to wait until I get a dry day to take it out for a rip. I've also got the FI2000r installed and just starting it up it sounds like it will have much more power. I might actually order another aircleaner at some point so I could switch them out... I really like the tear drop and the sweeper one but didn't know they existed until after I ordered mine.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I added them to the thread for you, but I pretty much just copied your posts and of course gave you credit. Don't want to lose the info.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Good find! that's the way to think.
Money saver and more choices than you can throw a rock at!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts