Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased bike in July 07 and bike has been garaged. Great starter bike. Only 1,900 miles. Has Kawasaki add-ons; windshield, sissybar and luggage rack. Also has a battery tender connector (hard wired to the battery). Service manual included.

Additional pictures on request.

UPDATE: Bike was sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I had a 2006 500 that I sold last year. I had it all over the internet and Recycler for weeks for $3500 and not a single call. $3,000 still no calls. I needed to sell it quick so it went for $2500. Mine had over 6,000 miles on it though. Good luck with yours though.

EDIT - mine didn't have any of the goodies that yours has either - no windshield, back rest or luggage rack.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I had a 2006 500 that I sold last year. I had it all over the internet and Recycler for weeks for $3500 and not a single call. $3,000 still no calls. I needed to sell it quick so it went for $2500. Mine had over 6,000 miles on it though. Good luck with yours though.

EDIT - mine didn't have any of the goodies that yours has either - no windshield, back rest or luggage rack.
+1

KBB lists dealer retail for the '06 at $3905, trade value is $2675
Private party will always fall somewhere in between. Low mileage and your accessories will help, but it won't sell for over $3900.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Good luck with the sale! It's a beautiful bike and a great starter bike.
If you end up having to lower the price, I bet it sells quickly :smile:

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1

KBB lists dealer retail for the '06 at $3905, trade value is $2675
Private party will always fall somewhere in between. Low mileage and your accessories will help, but it won't sell for over $3900.
I am now asking $4,200 but will take less. I am going to post it in Cycle Trader as soon as I get back from London. I am hoping to get at least $3,900 since I have the added accessories. But the right offer from the right person may convince me to take a little less.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Finally sold. It goes on a container to Moscow tomorrow.
I trust nothing "funky" about the payment terms... like "I'll send you $10,000, ship it and send me the change"... right?

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He paid cash and I checked every bill. They are real. I do not trust anyone. Drives my husband nuts since I don't totally trust him either, even after 11 years together.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How does that scam works - the one with the offer to pay you twice as much for the bike?

Ever since I put up my bike for sale, I've got two offers to buy just like that. I mean - I realized it's a scam, but am curious about how it actually works...

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Someone will offer to send you "extra" under the auspices of covering shipping. Normally it will be a LOT extra (the more extra, the more screwed you are). They then send you a cashier's check drawn on a foreign bank.

The cashier's check is a forgery... but it actually takes your bank as long as 4 weeks to receive the chargeback from the clearing house.

In the mean time, you've shipped the bike AND send the "change" via Western Union or written a check, which has been cashed. Bang... $5-$10,000 leaves your account, and you have no bike, and there is no way to recover it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice... I new something was wrong when two people from overseas were willing to buy the bike on the spot with the same payment process...

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a high demand in Russia for Kawaskai. They can sell them for a lot more than they pay in the US.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchased bike in July 07 and bike has been garaged. Great starter bike. Only 1,900 miles. Has Kawasaki add-ons; windshield, sissybar and luggage rack. Also has a battery tender connector (hard wired to the battery). Service manual included.

Additional pictures on request.
how much did you get your sissy bar for? is it the kawasaki original?

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how much did you get your sissy bar for? is it the kawasaki original?
It is Kawasaki. I paid $224 plus an additional $82 for the support plates. Wht sucked is I bought it last November and installed it. Then sold the bike and never even rode with it on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts