Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

For sale - Mint condition 1984 Kawasaki Turbo GPZ - $39,000 US

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KawiChic_75 
#1 ·
Up for sale is my 1984 GPZ 750 Turbo with only 269 original miles. I am the second owner since the dealer whom I purchased this bike from had bought this bike directly from Kawasaki Motor Corp about 2 years ago. The Kawasaki president sold off all of Kawasaki’s inventory in California that had been sitting there for years and this was one of them. The bike is just as you see it. As far as I can tell, the bike looks 100% original and has matching VIN with Engine VIN number. The bike has been stored in a heated room since I purchased it and never have I put fuel in it. This might be the lowest mileage turbo in existence from Kawasaki Motor Corp. I have the paperwork needed to register the bike in all 50 states in the US. The bike is currently stored in San Diego, CA. You may never find another one like this, there are turbos out there but with this low milage would be near impossible to find.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Font Material property Rectangle Plant Electric blue

Speedometer Gauge Tachometer Steering part Motor vehicle

Fuel tank Window Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Fuel tank Vehicle

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Up for sale is my 1984 GPZ 750 Turbo with only 269 original miles. I am the second owner since the dealer whom I purchased this bike from had bought this bike directly from Kawasaki Motor Corp about 2 years ago. The Kawasaki president sold off all of Kawasaki’s inventory in California that had been sitting there for years and this was one of them. The bike is just as you see it. As far as I can tell, the bike looks 100% original and has matching VIN with Engine VIN number. The bike has been stored in a heated room since I purchased it and never have I put fuel in it. This might be the lowest mileage turbo in existence from Kawasaki Motor Corp. I have the paperwork needed to register the bike in all 50 states in the US. The bike is currently stored in San Diego, CA. You may never find another one like this, there are turbos out there but with this low milage would be near impossible to find.
View attachment 43913
View attachment 43919
View attachment 43916
View attachment 43918
View attachment 43915
View attachment 43917 View attachment 43920

View attachment 43911
View attachment 43910
View attachment 43914
Nice to see a nice example of the old Girl. One that is unmolested and in farking beautiful condition. Have a couple hidden away for those special days. Got about 65,000 k's (40,000 miles) on both.
Now rare as hens teeth over here in Australia.

#3 ·
Nice to see a nice example of the old Girl. One that is unmolested and in farking beautiful condition. Have a couple hidden away for those special days. Got about 65,000 k's (40,000 miles) on both.
Now rare as hens teeth over here in Australia.
Nice to know you have a love for the turbo. This one will be going up for auction 2nd week of Feb likely unreserved and will be on display at Iconnicmotorbikes.com
Good luck for those bidding for what is a piece of history never repeated and a dream to own!

#5 ·
If you're purely a collector, gonna hang it on your wall, trying to stay Level 1 forever, then the provenance and mileage is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If you're going Level 3, or a Level 2 that puts miles on instead of trailering, then the miles and incredible sit begin to work against it, IMO.

I was worried about the 11 year sit and only 17,100 miles of the KZ750R I picked up. Knock on wood, so far those inspections are going better than I anticipated.

But generally speaking an engine and other key parts would rather work than sit across decades.

I'd have been less nervous on my purchase if it had 2-3 times the miles, honestly.

People focus on odometers. It's prior owners' riding style, and then maintenance history, maintenance history and how the bike's been maintained that matters.

If you wanna ride it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.