Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a more touring friendly cruiser for the long trips with my gal and was wondering what made you pick your bikes and what the differences were between them and a nomad. thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I picked the 1600 classic purely for styling. Looking at Kawasaki's webpage the Nomad would have the following that you'd have to buy for the classic:
Windsheild
passenger floorboards
engine guard (for your highway pegs)
Hard bags + exhaust runs down both sides allowing for larger bags
the Nomad has a lot of accessories availible- not so for the 1600 Classic

1600 Classic-
larger motor
you can still buy all of that fun stuff and customize it
both pipes will be on the same side which allows for only shorter/wider bags

I went with the Classic and it will look something like the Nomad once I'm done with it. The $2500 difference in MSRP will buy a lot of accessories.

Phatboy

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phatboy, thanks for the info. I like the looks of both bikes, although I do like the white on the 1600. but with the nomad has everything I want, well almost, is already on the bike. I guess I'll teeter on the fence awhile. I'll let you know which way I fall. also I need to wait and see what 2005 brings.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

nomad is a whole different bike-different frame,front end,

it was specifically built for 2up and tour riding :wink:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I picked my 1600 over the Nad purely for the color. No other reason really. I'm slowly turning it into a touring bike. If the Nad had come in white, I'd be riding a Nomad today.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i'm actually leaning towards the nad for the two up riding. I already have a meanstreak for that blast in the pants riding. I can always repaint the bike, which if I get it I probably will since I like the white so much. the problem with buying a new bike is I always want to improve on it and it cost alot :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts