Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome!

hmmm-drag racer huh? :wink:-i been know to do a little of that!

if you need the push in the seat feeling forget the meanie :(
no flame but it's not the fastest sport cruiser but perfect in every other way
of the bikes you mention forget the victory,warrior not bad,honda-don't like,
vrod would be my pick-but mods are not cheap!! and there is alot you can do
to the frame as well(swingarm mods)for traction-it makes a good drag bike :twisted:

i suggest if you don't want to go true sportbike and you want sport cruiser
then the yamaha VMAX is the only real choice imo.the thing is nasty fast
and handles fantastic with the right rubber
power adders like turbos,wacky gas don't do much for me-kinda oldschool - i like all motor :wink: mostly gm LS1's in pontiac's

:twisted:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yep-that' what i drive a black 01 ws6 stage2 ,intake,exhaust,cam,heads and a bunch of bolt on's. i need a 12bolt rear to push the car-really have to baby it at the track to keep from leaving the diff at the start line :lol: -but it'll take care of most anything on the street :twisted:

yes-intake and exhaust will make a difference on your bike-prolly to the tune of about
8-10 hp maybe more. and your right in the looks dept. the meanie can't be beat imo.
the muzzy 2into1 pipe is popular but there are several pipes availible for it
hypercharger and thunder air make good intake set ups for it too-i think the thunder kit
flows a little better than the hypercharger,and if you have the FI bike you'll need a power commander to reconfiqure your air/fuel - if its carbed just a re-jet will do the trick
but you CAN make it faster :twisted: ,i thought about a sportbike next but every time i see that vrod (the orange one) something keeps drawing me back-i believe one of those
is in my future as well :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yup- pretty similar to ls1 edit - but the dyno is really the way to do it if you want
really dial it in and see the results to know if you went the right way :lol:
the mfg has maps done up for several pipe/intake set-ups of you can borrow one from someone else,or do your own-there is a little talent in setting it all up and i don't really know the finer points of just how to change it around but i've seen it done several times.
definitly needs a dyno though like i said - i don't like to guess :wink:

:lol: i traded a c5 for this car,wasn't a vert though

375rwhp/392tq
12.27 @ 113.5mph with 1.85 60ft is my best so far and as you already know
traction is the big issue.these ws6's don't hook all that well on stock suspension
and mine is mostly stock underneath-but i'm happy with low 12's in that form with crappy tires.i'm about to replace rubber with nitto drag radials and maybe this fall when it cools
down a little i can break into the 11's :twisted: -i know the car can if i can hook it up :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.