Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good source for fork boots (fork gaiters, as we usually call them on this side of the pond) for an 82 Spectre 750? My Spectre needs new fork seals and I figure as long as the forks are going to be out, might as well replace the cracked/broken fork boots while I'm at it.

They don't need to be original, so if someone knows of a good replacement boot, I'd be fine with that, as long as it's black and looks similar to the original ones.

And don't even think of telling me to leave them off! :tongue: Fork Boots Rule!

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Anyone know of a good source for fork boots (fork gaiters, as we usually call them on this side of the pond) for an 82 Spectre 750? My Spectre needs new fork seals and I figure as long as the forks are going to be out, might as well replace the cracked/broken fork boots while I'm at it.

They don't need to be original, so if someone knows of a good replacement boot, I'd be fine with that, as long as it's black and looks similar to the original ones.

And don't even think of telling me to leave them off! :tongue: Fork Boots Rule!
Yes they do. Check out the Nightster.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Herk, where did you get your luggage rack? It seems that my frame year did not come with even a grab rail, let alone a luggage rack. I plan on some traveling this year, and would like to strap things onto more than the seat.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
OEM 1978 KZ650 frames did not come with a grab rail. Seems that '77, '80 and up did, but not the '78, '79 versions. I will look for those that you mentioned. Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Herk, where did you get your luggage rack? It seems that my frame year did not come with even a grab rail, let alone a luggage rack. I plan on some traveling this year, and would like to strap things onto more than the seat.
I have a K&G universal fit that will probably work. It looks like crap, though. If you didn't mind investing a little elbow grease in removing the rust, it should be OK. Nice thing about it is that it has saddlebag guards too. You can see it in the picture here:

How does $20 + shipping sound to you?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
If you can save it for me, I will be able to get it in Feb. Are the saddle bag guards detachable? I hate saddlebags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts