Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I got a question.

You know how on all trail bikes...without the inverted forks, they have those rubber boots that cover the space where the fork slides up? Yeah, well, my bike has those forks ( 1990 kx 80 big wheel ), but no cover...... I don't really like that, all the dirt just sticks to the chrome part. I want something that covers that part, like those rubber boots. But I can't find any. Do they not make them for that model? I've seen the same bike on google and or youtube that have the boots.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
You could also just install wipers if your bike doews not have them already.

Or just use a set of boots off a similar sized fork.
No need to get really model specific.

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, fork boots = fork gaiters

According to the fork tube sizes pdf from the OhioCafeRacers website,
your fork tubes are 35mm [Kawasaki KX-80 L1-L3/N1-N3 (88-90)].
I'm assuming one of those is your model.
They don't list what size the lower tubes are.
I don't get it now. Those seal savers show for most 80cc bikes 36-43mm fork tubes. 35mm. according to you is classified in the 50-65cc class. :confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
look in your manual or measure the fork tubes. or you could call sealsavers and ask them what would fit best on your bike. the phone number is on their web page.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the 36 will fit but it will be a little baggy ... i know this cuz i had to install some on a drz 125 with 34 mm forks.. the 50-65 sizes were too short for the fork length... im talking about fork boots .. my bad haha .. but the seal savers are kinda stretchy so they should be fine....

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
Look for Daystar brand fork boots. They are available from Dennis Kirk and other stores.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts