Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wide open throttle
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i need new fork seals, oil is leaking from the black seal on the forks on my 900 custom, is this a big job? What should it cost to have fixed at the stealership?

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
The stealership will rape u silly. It is a little time consuming but not that difficult, atleast not on a Honda Shadow. Haven't done it on a Kawi tho.
If u havent done it before, recom. following the service manuals procedures. Cost of parts is minimal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think i need new fork seals, oil is leaking from the black seal on the forks on my 900 custom, is this a big job? What should it cost to have fixed at the stealership?
I just had my fork fluid changed (and seals / springs checked) last week. The dealer had the bike for just over 3 hrs. When I popped my head in at one point the entire front end of the bike was off and fork was in pieces. No way would I do this job myself! But that's just me.

It cost me $247.00 for fluid and labor. My bike will turn 38,000 miles this week and the suspension has been a bit soft the last 10,000 miles or so... It was definitely time to have it done.

Windman
'06 1500 Classic anniv. ed.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
For some reason I looked it up in the shop manual a while back and it didn't look like a fun job, but much easier than the upper control arm bushings I'm doing in my Dakota. I believe there was a special tool involved too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts