Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What other forks fit a 1978 Kawasaki kz650. Any other Information about this bike or tech help would be appreciated I just bought it and am going to do some customizing this winter to get it ready for next summer.

Brian

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
76-77 KZ750 twin fork tubes are the same diameter and length, as are the KZ900.

78-80 KZ750 twin are the same diameter but 1" longer, as are the 77-80 KZ1000 fork tubes.

Watch out for brake disk interchange though, the 650 has smaller disks than the others listed, so it's best to keep the brake disks with the forks. All the 76-80 brake disks have four bolts and interchange on all the wheels. Except for possibly the KZ900, at least some 900's had six bolt brake disks, but I don't remember which ones.

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
I should have mentioned that 80-82 KZ750E forks are the same diameter (36mm) but I don't know how they compare on length.

I might have some fork tubes, and I might have a complete 79 KZ650 SR front end (minus wheel). Our 79 KZ650 SR now has 83 GPz750 motor, front end, swing arm, and wheels, so there were some parts left over :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.