Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the final vacation list from the guys who are senior to me in the union.
Can't make Missouri.
Can't make Red Lodge.
Can't make the beginning part of the PA ride.
It's like they were doing it on purpose, either the week before the event or the week after. I just can't believe it. :icon_frow :icon_frow :icon_frow

Unless somethings change, I'm gonna have to catch a lot of you all one at a time!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Or join a non-union shop!

What does the old Eagles song say? "I guess every form of freedom has its price."

·
Banned
752 Posts
Just got the final vacation list from the guys who are senior to me in the union.
Can't make Missouri.
Can't make Red Lodge.
It's like they were doing it on purpose, either the week before the event or the week after. I just can't believe it. :icon_frow :icon_frow :icon_frow

Unless somethings change, I'm gonna have to catch a lot of you all one at a time!
Da*& Frank!! That really sucks!!:eek: We can't have our token single guy not there. Who are the women going to flirt with.:lol:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Or join a non-union shop!
+1

I just tagged nearly two weeks in July for Red Lodge... only one other guy had tagged any time beyond Easter :smile:

·
<3
1,312 Posts
Can't make Missouri.
Can't make Red Lodge.

that sucks....have u been to Rusty Palmers?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Frank, thas messed up man!! :shock: This a done deal or is there a chance they might come to their senses? :frown:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Now that's just sad news there Frank!!! :(

Maybe you'll hit the Lotto and won't have to worry about leave time. ;)

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Man that sucks, i know how ya feel! they cahnged our work vacation policy and I got to take my vacation in full week blocks (no single days to make long weekends). I am low man on the totem pole except for one guy who is getting to save his for his kid being born. Because of that by the time I get the sheet to pick I will be stuck with 2 weeks in April:mad: !!! I told them that "this new policy" will cause a lot more sick time to be used!

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
We have no sick days! I can't get away for more the 8-10 hrs any way. Maybe we can organize something in the tri-state area here. Consisting of Pa. Wv. and Oh.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Dang Frank, that's a bowl full of crap for breakfast isn't it? :(

I sure hope someone changes their mind and offers to switch their weeks with you.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........two wrods for ya

sick time
Most companies.... mine included.... no longer have "sick time".
It's all PTO... sick or vacation. SOME companies require a doctor's note even if you are only taking ONE day off... I think mine wants it for 3 or more.

Doesn't matter.... I always get sick on my own time.
Tuesday night I'll be a little grumpy. Wednesday I'll be tired and go to bed at 7 or 8. Thursday I'll feel fine until 2 or 3 when I get hit by a lead ball. Bed at 6, wake up late Friday feeling fine. Friday noon I really start feeling like crap, but make it to 4.... then I'm out Saturday and Sunday... fine again on Monday.

But I've got 80 hours now... taking 2 days next week for Camille's surgery, and one day for Stateline... booked 6 days for Red Lodge (Wednesday through Wednesday). I'm not 100% positive, but I THINK I accrue 6 or 7 hours a month.

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hopefully, someone will have a change of plans... never know what can happen.
I'll still be able to make Friday nite of the PA forum ride. I'll just have to shoot across the state after work to Wellsboro.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts