Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.........but I guess that is to be expected. Holiday season and non riding weather, for most, makes for a slow forum. Discalimer; This post is in no way a jab to those living in bad weather states, although I did ride in some awesome weather today.

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
I'll consider myself jabbed! ;-) No riding going on here, that's sheet ice on the driveway. :-(

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
I'm sure it's the off season, and the holiday season that has the forum alittle slow as of late. Probally alot of folks doing more lurking and less posting with the colder weather here.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
I'll consider myself jabbed! ;-) No riding going on here, that's sheet ice on the driveway. :-(

YUK!
We have had a very mild fall/winter season here in ND, but it looks like we are in for colder temps this week. They are predicting 1 to 2 inches of the white stuff tomorrow. and single dig.'s and below by the end of the week

·
living in 3/4 time
321 Posts
Honestly, just don't have a lot to say right now. We are in the phase of repeat posts (what type of oil do you use, what pipes do you have) they typical winter things newbies tend to ask when there mod'ing there bike over the winter. This isn't a slam against new folks, we have all be there.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Wow, Bross. That looks like a beautiful place you have up there...

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
However, I know the clock setting on your camera is way wrong! No way it's still daylight at 5 in the afternoon where you are! It was pretty much dark at 4 pm today in Spokane.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts

Ohh, that's how you pronounce it! Down in Phoenix, when we see that type of stuff, we say,:eek: "Oh sheet-ICE!". :smile:

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
bross, I'm sure you don't see it this way, but to a southern california raised boy, that is some beautiful land you got there. hope you at least have a sled for the 'off season'

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts

Just need a smaller bike. We used to have a ball if it snowed or we got ice with our little Honda 65's.... But then that was when I was a whole lot younger, a whole lot dumber and my bones were a lot more pliable. So....ahhhhh......nevermind.

·
Retired High Miler
1,209 Posts
Spent the last week in Mazatlan in the brand new Emerald Bay resort. 5 star all inclusive.
wanna see my tan? lol

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
.........but I guess that is to be expected. Holiday season and non riding weather, for most, makes for a slow forum. .

REALLY??? I'm guessing you haven't asked about pulling a boat behind your 900.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Simple holidays math really......more fruit cake + more bourbon + more parties + more bourbon + more etc etc bla bla bla + more bourbon = less forum. :biggrin:

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
more people on vacation, less time goofing off at work on the computer

·
08 Vulcan 900
98 Posts
Well, its not just this forum, its a lot of them, at least the ones I read... ahhh winter. Time to get out the hot cider and Captain

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
Wow, Bross. That looks like a beautiful place you have up there...
Thanks, I love the mountains and glad to be back amongst them, having just moved back here from the prairies a year ago.

However, I know the clock setting on your camera is way wrong! No way it's still daylight at 5 in the afternoon where you are! It was pretty much dark at 4 pm today in Spokane.
Nope, that's the correct time, but you're right, the light goes fast so by 5:30 it's pretty much black, we almost have a full moon now so that really keeps it light on clear nights. On nights without any moon you can't see your hand in front of your face! :eek:

bross, I'm sure you don't see it this way, but to a southern california raised boy, that is some beautiful land you got there. hope you at least have a sled for the 'off season'
No sled, but we try to make do with the quads...

Just need a smaller bike. We used to have a ball if it snowed or we got ice with our little Honda 65's.... But then that was when I was a whole lot younger, a whole lot dumber and my bones were a lot more pliable. So....ahhhhh......nevermind.
We have the DRs but riding on ice/hard pack just isn't fun without studs or ice screws. Now a snow filled field can be fun. ;-)
Doesn't mean we haven't tried it though...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts