Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my father has a 1994 KLF300-C6 Bayou 4x4 that fouls the spark plug within 30 minutes. Really not sure if it is gas or oil fouling the plug. the machine has probably never been maintained over the years with respect to fresh fuel or had fuel stabilizer added throughout the year. it is mainly a deer season machine used a couple of weeks per year. i have read the threads on the crap carburator with respect to the petcock needing a rebuild and the float/needle valve problems leading to gasoline pouring out. To other members with this problem did your machines also foul spark plugs or do we have another problem?.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
well you have to see if its oil fouled or fuel,but yes a miss adjusted or poor maint in general on the carb can cause this issue,also a weak spark can cause this foulin issue.

hope this will help in the dio of the foulin of the plug-corey-

·
Registered
12 Posts
My old KLF 300,fouled its plug on a regular basis,like most of the carb post's on here ,it was running too rich due to overfilling float chamber. I have set my float level down to about 10mm below gasket level,it now needs choke for 5mins or more to warm up,but the plug hasn't fouled "yet"
btw, if your burning oil there will be a slight blue haze at the tailpipe.
Just a point of interest, my daughters KL125 also had a very tempramental float level,either flooding or starvation Kawasaki carbs = S***E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.