Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a winch mount plate that fits my 2008 3010 Trans Diesel Mule. From all the good information that I have read on this and other forums, the larger radiator on the Trans Mule Diesel makes it virtually impossible to cram a 4000 lb. plus winch into that ill designed small front cavity. The plate weighs about 20 lbs. and is made out of 1/4" scant steel and all of the necessary mounting angles are bent, not welded. I will admit that although it attached peacefully with no extra drilling required, I have several small cuts on the back of my hands due to the very tight working area. It was not necessary to remove the front factory bumper but I did have to go in through the two 3-3/4" side inspection holes to snug down two 7/16" bolts.
This plate is pre-drilled for a variety of Warn and Ramsey winches and I will probably be mounting a Warn RT-40. The manufacturer is savantmfg.com and the part number is 298119-R99.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Good catch. I bookmarked their site for potential future needs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just recieved a Warn RT40 and will mount it on the winch plate and run the wiring, remote, etc. asap. Not going to post updates as there are already several listed. If you buy the plate that I purchased and need any tips, then pm me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts