Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced delivery delays like this? I put down a deposit (Connecticut) on a '21 W800 in October 2020. I'm still awaiting delivery. Local dealer has no info to offer and while my two inquiries to Kawasaki Corporate have been acknowledged, they have yet to give me the courtesy of a reply. COVID has no doubt disrupted supply chains and delivery schedules but four months with no info or explanation seems excessive.

·
Super Moderator
1,597 Posts
Welcome to the forum CommanderMC!
Sorry to hear about the delay. Do you know which factory your W800 is coming from?
Your dealer should be able to tell you.

·
Super Moderator
10,859 Posts
IMHO A disease is no excuse for crappy service. I'd be calling and emailing. Every. Single. Day. Sooner or later someone will answer just to shut me up. Then I'd be sweet as pie to him/her/it but firmly express my displeasure and press for answers.

Reactions: CaptBanana

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks WFO-KZ for the reply. Dealer states he has no info at all available from Kawasaki regional.
I don't see a lot of other non-cafe 2021 W800's available at other New England dealerships either, but wonder whether that's because of delivery delays like mine or because of low demand for a somewhat 'niche' bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMHO A disease is no excuse for crappy service. I'd be calling and emailing. Every. Single. Day. Sooner or later someone will answer just to shut me up. Then I'd be sweet as pie to him/her/it but firmly express my displeasure and press for answers.
Thanks for the reply - I'm disappointed and about ready to just pull the deposit and walk.
Kawasaki Corporate did reply to me today (2/22), but their response passes the buck and is somewhat disingenuous.
In my 2/12 inquiry to Kawasaki, I explained 9amongst other details) that I have been waiting four months for delivery, that the local dealer had no information whatsoever and that his Kawasaki reqional rep could supply him with no information either.
Kawasaki's reply today politely ignored my comments and suggested that I a) contact my local dealer for up to date information or b) ask my local dealer for information from the Kawasaki regional rep.

·
Super Moderator
1,597 Posts
Sounds like you got a form letter. That must be annoying to say the least. Nobody could fault you for walking away.

Having said that, I wonder (on average) when do new models typically show up? When I worked at a Kaw dealership decades ago, the new models back then would start to arrive late Feb early March if I recall correctly. If that is still the case, the dealer should have advised you of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts