Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up i just got a 04 ninja 250R and i was woundering if you can buy frame sliders for it. Iv been lerking for a few days and it looks like you can but i dont know where or how to install them... Any help?

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Man I duno. I can point out the spot on my bike where they install. You can see it clearly that they left an open spot in the cowlings to mount it. Only reason I'm considering getting them is cause I do stupid stuff everyonce in a while. I just don't like the looks of them though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm have any pics? where to buy? prices?

Just thinking about simple cheap mods, probually want frame sliders if dont look horrible, maybe fender eliminator if i can figure out how i want to do it..., flush mount side signals,...*shrugs*

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Ideas

Handlebar sliders come in assorted colors...masking tape to your present rear fender and draw lines on it....to shave off what you don't want...using a dremel, /hacksaw/keyhole saw, then a fine file, then follow it up with a very fine piice of sandpaper (or just remove the entire thing)...you can install flush mount LED turnsignals front and rear, go to an LED tail/brake light. Remove the centerstand, remove the rear footpegs and install stainless steel bolts...purchas small reflective Kawasaki decals put one or two on your bike and one on the BACK of your helmet. Get an alarm system, or just two masterlocks one for each rotor?or around your rrearchain and rear sprocket. buy better stickier tires, install some Fiamm 134/129db blaster horns hi&lo...order a soloseat or have the one on it shaved and reupholstered...ANything to help with safety...if you want a spare chain and a different gearing setup you can order the neat chains that come in color, you can go to a complete exhaust system change go to K&N air-pods and get the carbs rejetted...First though get either the racing or the slightly taller touring windscreen, and put the short stock one in a box in your garage...Order some raingear, a great jacket, the best helmet that will fit your head not just one that looks cool...get leathers on your Christmas list...ORDER the SERVICE MANUAL from Beartooth Kawasaki 800-556-3098, and read it untill you can spit specs on torque values and know how to almost everyything without anything (Gotcha'..wanted to see if you were still reading), take the MSF course or if you already have sign up for aqn ADVANCED MSF course...This is a great thing to put on a Christmas/Birthday wish list...practice everything in BOTH directions...Get a LOG BOOK and keep every thing that you do and what you do in the book and save the receipts in a seperate folder...also record things onto a disk 3.5" floppy so that you can copy it or give it to the parts manager/service manager///next (?) owner...Color coordinated grips....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Unfortunately no one makes frame sliders for the EX250. If they do exist it is a custom install/design, since the frame is not made for them.

Although it would be nice if they did exist...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Frame sliders

Frame sliders would have to be Custom made...not much to work with...Handlebar sliders are easy enough though......As far as rear fender eliminators, you can either get the tools out and remove parts, or get some masking tape out and draw a line on the existing fender to get rid of what you don't want...saw it off file and sand it to a nice clean finish...and custom look!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Rear lights

If you have a salvage yard or need a suggestion for one you cna try converting to the zzr-250 tail lght or using your existing (order a spare lens), and very carefully replace the side panels of your rear tail light lens with amber instead of red lens material and then have the direction signals all in one place...cleaning up the rear of the bike nicely.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sliders

On racing bikes and now some sport bikes they are the little posts sticking out that keeps the bodywork from getting torn up on the road, as wellas the engine, etc. On a 500and 250R there isn't anywhere to mount them, but if easy layovers sometimes the handlebar ends will work for handlebar sliders...they slide on hte road preventing major damage to teh bike and plastic fairings on it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Sliders

ZX-2R said:
On racing bikes and now some sport bikes they are the little posts sticking out that keeps the bodywork from getting torn up on the road, as wellas the engine, etc. On a 500and 250R there isn't anywhere to mount them, but if easy layovers sometimes the handlebar ends will work for handlebar sliders...they slide on hte road preventing major damage to teh bike and plastic fairings on it...
How much does the handelbar sliders protect the bike? Where can i buy a pair/price?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Handlebar sliders

I'd think about any place such as Lockhart-philips...but
www.Chaparralmotorsports.com has them 800-841-2960 from 29.99, and swing arm sliders from 20.99
I'd check with our Fourm Sponsor first and give them your support, Beartooth Kawasaki 800-556-3098. While you are at it Please but thier Service manual for your bike it is wort every penny you will spend on it, believe me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts