shorter dogbones (lifted rear)
shaved seat

On the list to do:
Radar detector
ignition advancer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know if anyone makes a seat cowl for the Ninja 500r? Like the one for the Katana. Just slips over the back half of the seat. Giving it that single seat look. Oh, a bit of advise. Don't waist your money on the radar detector. They are only effective at getting you a ticket. I know I was an Officer for several yrs. I could leave my radar off until I wanted to check your speed at which point I could activate my radar get your speed and have it back off before your detector even goes off. I know from experience. A fellow Officer had one in his vehicle, best one available, and that is what I did to him. He found out after I pulled him over that he had wasted his money. Not to mention many Officers will give you a ticket instead of a warning when they see that you have one.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the majority of officers around here leave their radar on, plus I'm not going to mount it in plain view. Plus you gotta wire it up so it turns off when you turn the vehicle off, so when an officer approaches they don't notice it.

as for the seat cowl the guy who makes the cowls for the katana has been talking to me about making a prototype cowl for the ex500 that would work the same way, so hopefully I'll have more on that later.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hope i havn't offended you freakin
it was only a bit of irish banter i was having with you :lol:
your bike does look very fit i have to admit
i might beat you from the lights but you would definitely
dissapear over the horizon in the twisty bits

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

awww- he don't care his county is bigger than your whole country :lol:
and i can assure you we both admire your bike and if it was over here you'd have
a hard time pulling either one of us off of it :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
thanx bikeaholic :lol:
funnily enough my bike did originate from dallas
so it was over the pond in your country for many a year
but now shes all mine and i dont think i can see myself parting with her
unless of course someone would like to make me a ridiculous offer
for her :wink:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Freakinout said:
NinjaGirl said:
The best looking 500R on this forum!!
Nice job!!
Thanks! I'm hoping to make it the best looking 500R in the world. Hopefully one of the best performing too.
By the way Kelly is talking, she might give you a run for your money on both counts! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DiverDown said:
Freakinout said:
NinjaGirl said:
The best looking 500R on this forum!!
Nice job!!
Thanks! I'm hoping to make it the best looking 500R in the world. Hopefully one of the best performing too.
By the way Kelly is talking, she might give you a run for your money on both counts! :mrgreen:
Good, I need a good challenger to my riding skills

1 - 20 of 25 Posts