Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I got given 3 bikes today :biggrin: to add to my collection. there is 2 82 cb 900f and a 78z650.

just wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of reputation these bikes had there a bit before my time.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sorry can't help with the bikes, but what great news about the bikes I cant wait to see some pics.!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics yes i will post some have to get batteries for my camera first. mind you there arnt much to look at, at the moment.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
cb 900? wish I'd be given one! Honda's and old kawis are really fun.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
I had two of the CB900's. Do either of these have the transfer case used to lower the gears for mountain riding? If they have the transfer case you will find a small lever on the right rear side of the transmission (down low).

·
recovering workaholic
1,066 Posts
I had a 900F way back then...if I recall correctly,it was bike of the year 2 years straight...it had no bad habits,ran strong,handled and stopped superbly,had it all...Black with the orange sides-really good looking bike..It`s what the factiry boys ran..
The 900 C(ustom) had the 2 speed range gearbox..
I still miss it..
John

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I had two of the CB900's. Do either of these have the transfer case used to lower the gears for mountain riding? If they have the transfer case you will find a small lever on the right rear side of the transmission (down low).
Uh . . .I think you're thinking about the Honda 90, not the 900.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had a '79 KZ 650c for a few years and can tell you they are stone-cold reliable! Mine was abused and mis-used regularly and I couldn't kill it! LOL!
Seriously, all the KZ-series motors of that era are as bulletproof as any ever made. Pretty comfortable too; most of the UJM's from that era had wide, flat seats and handlebars. All-around good bike.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you look closer at the z you will see the other cb behind it. there still on the trailer so i couldnt get a real good pic sorry. but when i find somewhere to put them and get them off. i post a better pic

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Cool!!! It looks like you have a couple of rebuild projects to work on. They look like they have promise. Good luck with them, and congrats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts