Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just debadged my V2K today. I like the clean look. The adhesive was a PITA to remove, however.

Here's a craptacular cell phone pic:

·
FNG
28 Posts
Looks good. I recently did too for the same reason. Was reluctant at first, but really happy with the new cleaner look. Your color combo looks great.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than the adhesive being a b1tch to get cleaned off, it was pretty straightforward. I'm pretty happy with the results.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is a nice clean look for sure. How are your passenger floorboards holding up? I have the exact same ones, and the chrome has begun to peal in the past year. None of my other Cobra accessories are doing that so I am just thinking this is an isolated quality control issue. Still I am looking to replace them and would just as well skip the problem on the next pair.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The chrome is chipping off on mine as well. They were on the bike when I bought it, so I'm not sure how old they are. I won't buy cobras again when I replace them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So, it's not just mine then. Thanks for that info; you likely saved me from wasting money again.

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
Reminds me I just removed the tank pad on my zx10r. Took forever using a hair dryer and duct tape to remove the adhesive off. Worked perfect without needing chemicals to hit the tank but took a bit of time :(

Bike looks nice with that blue and grey combo

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all-- I'm quite fond of it myself. Now people will be kept guessing what it is :D

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
I debadged just because i don't like the look of chromed plastic badges, they seem a bit gaudy to me. Then after afew weeks I decided the tank was too large and bare so I got "rogue" decals and pinstripe made that matched my bike.

Then a couple weeks ago when I broke my bike I layed it on its side on some plywood to work on it and got called away. Next morning I found I had leaked a bit of gas and it ate a decal. Luckily I have some extras.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I debadged just because i don't like the look of chromed plastic badges, they seem a bit gaudy to me. Then after afew weeks I decided the tank was too large and bare so I got "rogue" decals and pinstripe made that matched my bike.

Then a couple weeks ago when I broke my bike I layed it on its side on some plywood to work on it and got called away. Next morning I found I had leaked a bit of gas and it ate a decal. Luckily I have some extras.
Have you pictures of said decals? Are they available from the ROG store? If they're cool I might need some :D

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WD40 is great for adhesive removal and wont harm the finish.
I tried it-- it didn't loosen it up at all. That was some nasty stuff. I suppose it's been cooking on there since 2006. There's a very faint darker area where the badges were (expected). I hope they fade out soon.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
No good pics of the tank but you get the general idea from these.

I just went to a graphics place when I wanted to match my bags to my bike, picked a font I liked, and they used the same colors as the pinstripe they were making too.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder if there's a way to get 125CI or 2053cc engraved into my hypercharger w/o looking like $hit.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
You just want people to possibly mistake it for a harley. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts