Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own them and have any experience using them for riding in the rain? Would you recommend them or are the motorcycle specific suits better?

There is a sale at Bass Pro Shops this weekend. 25 bucks for a set. is it worth picking up a set or just wasting my money?

·
What can I spend my $$ on
619 Posts
I use them for fishing and outdoor activities but favor a M/C suit for riding.With that said I bought 3 sets last time BPS had them on sale. Good as a backup to a regular suit and are great for camping,fishing and spectator sports.At 25.00 bucks, buy em.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have some frog toggs that are for motorcycle riding. They have the reflective piping and everything. Ive only used them once, when i was riding a friends bike. They work very well and dry pretty quickly. The only issue i have with em is its hard to get em over my boots lol. but thats not a real big deal, ya know.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
I have a set of their bike raingear and it's okay stuff. Two piece, which can let rain in around the waistband. Not heat resistant so watch against getting them on the pipes. They do breathe fairly well so you won't die...quickly if the sun comes out and it gets hot. Don't forget to get the booties for your feet.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. I didn't realize they made MC specific ones. I'll check a bit online and see if I can find out what the difference is. I use a set of MC raingear currently, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
thanks guys. I didn't realize they made MC specific ones. I'll check a bit online and see if I can find out what the difference is. I use a set of MC raingear currently, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup.
I got a set from Academy and really like them. The strange thing is that you feel like you are getting wet while out in the rain but when you go inside and take them off you are dry. I do agree though, they are hard to get over your boots even with the side zippers.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've bought two sets at motorcycle stores, but from the sounds of it, they weren't the motorcycle specific gear. Both of mine ended up disintegrating. The fabric is very fragile, the seams and pockets let water through, and as was mentioned before, the fabric melts quickly. If you want casual raingear, it sounds good, but if you want gear that will perform in critical conditions, I would recommend that you look elsewhere. Just my two cents.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I've only heard good things about them, but I'm guessing that the feedback was about the MC specific version. The water through the seams appears to be a real problem, and at speed, would be an issue.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
I have a set of rain gear from river road, they are the thick plastic but have not had any problems with them like the Sterns I had before from walmart.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Use mine for emergency rain wear. I've golfed 36 holes in cold, crappy, rainy conditions down in Myrtle, and kept very dry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts