Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a mechanic that work for Honda and he told me I should take my front axle out and put anti-seize on it. He told me that he doesn't know why they don't do it from the factory but he see locked up front axles all the time. Man that would really cause some problems. Has anyone else heard this before? I am taking mine of this weekend to start polishing the wheels so doing it would not be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
I was talking to a mechanic that work for Honda and he told me I should take my front axle out and put anti-seize on it. He told me that he doesn't know why they don't do it from the factory but he see locked up front axles all the time. Man that would really cause some problems. Has anyone else heard this before? I am taking mine of this weekend to start polishing the wheels so doing it would not be a problem.
Anti seize is not grease. IMHO if you're gonna grease it, then use grease.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was what I was thinking on the anti seize, so am not sure this guy really explained himself well or didn't know what he was talking about.

On the wheels I purchased a new buffer and all the attachments to polish all types of metals. I am going to polish the wheels, the brake levers and whatever else I can to look like crome and then clear coat all of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts