Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to this forum. Didn't know it existed until today, so I'm hoping somebody has some advice.

I have a 95EX500 which I'm doing a complete tuneup on. New tires, brakes, jet kit, etc. The bike is completely stock and has been sitting for 2 years. The problem I'm having is getting the front axle off. I do have the left side nut out and speedo and such, but can't get the whole but out. Is there something I'm missing, or does it need a good whack to get out.

Sorry If I sound stupid about this, but the newest bike I had before this was a '73 Yamaha RD350, which was much simpler.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hope this helps. Try checking for some welds anywhere that might be holding it in. Use a drive punch so that not to damage the axle housing when knocking out the axle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did look to see if there was anything like that holding it in place, but I didn't notice anything right away. The axle bolt does rotate in the right fork, so I know its loose, but it doesn't seem to want to "punch" out. I know this sounds stupid, but I don't have a manual for it right now, just ordered one today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts