Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put new front pads and brake line on my 93 kx 250 now i cant get fluid to bleed through i can here air on the caliper end of the line but i cant get no fluid to come through once i get fluid through the line i can conect it to bleed the caliper any sugestions thanks.

and one more ? do i need to spray my new air filter with oil its a twin air filter thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
close the bleed nut and connect the line then pump the brake lever. It will take awhile to get fluid down to the caliper if there is no fluid in the line the line. Once it builds pressure then bleed the lines. Yes oil the filter if it's not pre-oiled.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did pump the **** out of it but no fluid is coming through. i seen on youtube i need to back bleed it with a big seringe to get fluid through the line then i can bleed it. thanks for the imfo assassin

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya its full and yes its connected it worked fine before i took it apart to replace the line so im going to work on it tomarrow if i cant get it im going to look in to a rebuild kit. i got fluid through the line but wont build up any pressure

·
Registered
123 Posts
it takes alot of pumping on the lever to get pressure. You shouldn't need any parts if the brake was working before. there is really no rebuild kit there is just seals and padding in the caliper and if they were bad you wouldn't be able to keep pressure in the line or you would have brake fluid leaking from the pistons in the caliper. It took me about 5-8 minutes to get full pressure in my line. I also had the cover off the resivor when I did mine that might help.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
i got fluid through the line and all the air is out. but still no front brake the caliper grabs but not enough to stop the wheel any suggestions thanks for any info you can give me
I had a stubborn air bubble in my front caliper. When I squeezed the brake it would grab, but felt spongey. So I pulled the brake in as tight as I could by hand and used a wire tie to hold it there for a few days. Tapped the brake and the lines a few times. By the time I put the rear tire back on the air had made its way up into the res. Now brakes are good and firm.

Another thing. Pump it up as tight as you can. While holding pressure on the lever then crack open the bleeder.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i got fluid through the line and all the air is out. but still no front brake the caliper grabs but not enough to stop the wheel any suggestions thanks for any info you can give me

You still have air in the caliper. What I do is remove the caliper and roll the caliper with your hand, and tip it sideways. Place the caliper back on the brake disc, and bleed in the conventional manner. You want to work the air bubble so it can escape through the caliper bleeder bolt

·
Finally Free
142 Posts
there is really no rebuild kit there is just seals and padding in the caliper and if they were bad you wouldn't be able to keep pressure in the line or you would have brake fluid leaking from the pistons in the caliper.
I had fluid leaking from my break in the caliper area, is this probably it? are these seals very hard to replace? The odd thing is, the brake still works, but it looks like the fluid is low, and it leaked slowly for 3-4 days, then stopped. Anyone know what could be happening here?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.