Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Does anyone happen to know if the front brake hose for the Vulcan 1600 Classic and the 1600 Nomad are interchangeable? I need a 4" over brake line and Scootworks has one for around fifty bucks (I'm sure it's just the top brake line, not the bottom two that go to the calipers), but the description says it's for a 1600 Nomad. I know they use the same throttle cables, and a lot of parts for the MS, Classic, and Nad are interchangeable, so maybe they didn't list fitment descriptions for all of the models. Thanks!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Be careful... the 1600 front hose is a 1-piece assembly. The top part of the hose cannot be separated from the bottom... it is swaged into a manifold that T's to the lower hoses.
The 1600 and Nomad should be compatible, but if you've found a "really good deal" on a +4 hose, it could be from an aftermarket assembly that is a 3-piece system.

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The top part of the hose cannot be separated from the bottom... it is swaged into a manifold that T's to the lower hoses
Ahh. I was at work and had not checked this out. I thought it was 3 separate hoses joined to a connector of some kind. Scootworks is a very reputable purveyor of motorcycle stuff (phat risers), and the 4" over hoses they are selling for $50 are assembled by them. Does that account for the difference in price between that and a commercially made one? Thanks Rich.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Phat Performance gets $130 for the Galfer.
Scootworks ALSO lists the assembly for $140 in the pulldown menu below that top listing.

I'd give them a call to be 100% positive.

Now you're going to make me go out to the garage and double-check my original to be sure it's 1 piece :smile:

Edit: Ya, it's a 1-piece assembly top to bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts